SaltCritters.com

My new setup

nu2salt

Hey guys & gals,

Wanted to share my latest development With ya'll. It's an all glass with the exception of the top,lexan 1/8 pico reef. It's best gestament is 1.5G I have aprox. 5 cups of LS, 2# LR. Filtration is a aqua clar mini. I had to shorten the intake tube due to it goiinto the bottom of the tank. Lighting is coralife mini aqualight. A freind of mine at the LFS took the light apart & placed 2 3" fans inside along with the dc converter & wired it all together with the ballests all on 1 power cord for a clean finish. The cotents in the tank are an asortment of zoo's & star polyps & 3 hermits for now. I plan on a few misc shrooms. Don't know bout fish at this time. May give it about a month or so. Enjoy the pics... John

• 2 weeks later...
Pico-Newbie

I have the same light on a 2.5 but I raised it 2.5 inches from the top. I have a 25 watt heater in the tank so between the heatr at night and the lights during the day my tank says at a stable 80.5 degrees.

I have mine about 1/2" above the lexan top. A friend installed 2 fans inside the light with the dc converter. My temp was getting to 85 degrees. the outside fan did the trick.

Archived