Pod Your Reef

8 month old Nano Pics

audiocontrol

Looks good! Just noticed you're in MD, where did you get the green zoos for $6, I just paid $30 for almost the same thing, only with orange mouths.

audiocontrol

Yea, it is the same gorgie...He is finally reproducing a new stalk from the base. IT is about 1/2" tall already. I only dose reef complete by seachem, reef buffer by Seachem, and occassionally Coral-accel about 1 a week or so.

Bobalouy, all the zoas i have in there were all under $10 individually. I buy them at Aquarium Center in Randallstown from a few friends i made there. Some of those corals really should have sold for $30-50 each, much like you said, lol.

That an awesome looking tank!

What's up with that light leakage out the front of your tank?

Have you prop'd the front flap up, or doesn't it close properly?

audiocontrol

Ok, Maintenence...

Daily, water top off using Glacier water from safeway enhanced with seachem Reefbuilder. Also add 1/4 a capful (5-6 drops) of Seachem Reef Complete.

Weekly, Rinse out sponge filter with tap water(only top sponge) and add half a cap full of kent marine coral accel

Monthly, 1 gallon water change using oceanic salt.

Parameters!

-Salinity-1.025 to 1.026

-Temperature-80 to 83 deg

-Ammonia - 0ppm

-Nitrite-undetectable

-Nitrate-undetectable

-Ph-7.9 in morning, 8.2 evening

-Phosphate - .02

-Calcium - 400+

-Alk - 3.5 meq's to 5 meq's

i actually have the light sitting a bit off the frame. It does 1 of two things, it will cast reflective light rays scattering across the water. It also allows room for 2 screw in PC bulbs. I wanted a very even distribution of light, so I modded the canopy lid to fit 2 10watt bulbs. I felt there needed some more light towards the front of the tank. It fits perfectly. 20watt pc bulbs would not fit though, they are a little bit two long...I have grown to deal with the light leakage...it is not too bad, but the whole set up works great. I do not even acclimate corals (which i do not reccomend, lol). They open up the very next day (i always add corals when the tank lights are off for the evening) and they take off like weeds particularly mushrooms, zoas, and the xenia)

audiocontrol

yea, it is a powerhead in the 2nd chamber. there are 2 pumps back there. i made little feet for the hood to rest on, there are 4 of them and they are about half an inch tall

sandbunkerblues

Damn sweet tank.I saw that you posted about my tank on another thread but I have to give the props back up to you.SWEET.....

audiocontrol

thanks nate and sand, i try to give everyone props on here about their tanks, they all look so good. Oh yea, i just bought some flatworm exit and it is supposed to come today. Hopefully that stuff will kill off the worms. Thats the one thing i hate about my tank, the flat worms

Originally posted by audiocontrol

Bobalouy, all the zoas i have in there were all under $10 individually.  I buy them at Aquarium Center in Randallstown from a few friends i made there.  Some of those corals really should have sold for $30-50 each, much like you said, lol.

Cool man, I need to start goin there more often, I actaully work pretty close (hampstead).

What to sell some of those orange/pinkish ones you have?

audiocontrol

orange pink one? I have 2 different varities...the large zoas are doing so incredible, that their polyp tentacles are about 1/2 long and flow in the current...it is weird. oh yea, i added the flatworm exit, and 10 seconds later, the flatworms started to react to it. They were moving about rapidly.

Then after about 10 min, they began to float off of the mushroom polyps. Now, there are no flatworms! The stuff works great and i HIGHLY reccomend it.

audiocontrol

well, they are kinda attached to a single large rock. It started out with maybe about 10-15 polyps and grew to that in a few months..I cant really break that rock up...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice tank audio, wish I was that good at it. You're probably right next door to me. Come show me what I am doing wrong. heh.

Archived