Cultivated Reef

Do I have too much bioload?

lou52onu

yeah I know Im a little skimpy on the LR. I plan on getting some more I just haven't seen any good pieces in the LFS recently. I just wanted to make sure I was ok w/ my verts and inverts.

I just ordered 13lbs for $2.25 a pound from Ebay. I will let you know what I think about it when it gets here Friday. For the price I paid for it I am planning on breaking up some to put in the middle compartment in the back as filtration and use the rest as stack rock for the nicer peices later. They had great feeback and easy communication so let's hope for the best.

the turbos are good if you have alota algae, personaly i love my turbos, as for the LR i would deffinitly get more... but your bioload looks ok. as long as you are doing sufficient water changes on a regular basis, you should be fine.

thanks for the info guys

on top of the added/needed LR what would you recommend for the clean up crew...if the turbos are iffy...what else could I get? I'd like something to clean the detitus (brown stuff) from the sandbed. Any suggestions?

I think what BK was getting at was the fact that flame scallops are hard to feed...they need lots of food in the water column to survive. Lots of food=nitrates. Nitrates=not happy nano.

Archived