SaltCritters.com

Pair of breeding clowns in a 12 DX?

Fliger

I recently set-up a DX. Love it. I put my zoo and ricordea collection in it, and want to add fish. I have a pair of clowns, they lay eggs, would this be a bad idea in a tank like this? I guess I'm worried that the babies won't live and it's more bio-load as the dudes get swept into the pump(s). Maybe the body mass of the babies isn't too much to worry about but I thought I'd check.

I'll post some pix of the set-up next week. I have over a grand in ricordea and zoos and they look invisible in my other tank (340G) so I love the nano.

BTW, I switched out the PH with a 606 and it didn't make a lot of flow difference. My tank is running between 80-83, a little warmer than I'd like. Thinking of an Ice Probe.

Well, very happy to join your club! And I love 2G water changes, right now I do 50-75G on my other tank!

Regards,

David

i'm thinking of adding a breeding pair also when I get back from vacation next week. have you done this since yesterday? I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi, I'm going to be putting them in tomorrow. I have some big fat ricordea that they'll probably host in. I'll take some pictures and post next week.

My zoos are looking spectacular under the stock lighting. I can't wait to add the T5 (10 watters from nanocustoms).

Archived