Top Shelf Aquatics

nano-clutz

danielalfonso

danielalfonso

anyone one else here get so distracted being on nano-reef that they screw other things up they should be paying attention to?

maybe its just me

flooded the house leaving tub water running.... check

spilt drinks on keyboard (too many times).... check

did a one gallon water change on a 2.5 gallon with strait fresh water!.... check

left stove on and burned food.... check

am i the only nano-clutz on here? if so disregard this thread ;)

Nope you're not the only one ... I can add to that list ...

Starting the washer and forgetting to put clothes in. Like 3 times last week.

Being late coming back from lunch because I went to the LFS I like on my lunch hour (hour and 45 minutes). Never fails, I go in and they have new arrivals.

jenniebutterfly

i was filling the sink a few days ago to soak my pots in, and came to read a bit, and 30 minutes later realized i left the sink running, i have a deep sink but ended up flooding my kitchen, and part of my livingroom and it went down into the basement wow what a mess lol.

Welded a pot to the burner when I first saw a web-site with a nano. My wife's BIOLOGY PROFFESSOR told me that coral tanks were a horrible thing to have because the corals died within a year. Then a year later, I'm entranced how people's corals thrived in a 7 gal mini-bow for three years. Then a strange smell alerted me to the fact that I was boiling water for pasta three hours ago. Ran downstairs to yank the pot off the burner and it wouldn't move.

So this hobby cost me money before I even had a tank.

P.S.- Don't tell my wife, she doesn't even realize we're missing a pot.

jenniebutterfly

lol schaadrak, thats too funny. remids me of the time my sister tried to make mashed potatoes but she boiled all the water out and my mom had porcelain lined pots, and it started flying out of the pot, that was soooooo funny

Doing a water change on freshwater tank, got busy looking at Nano and forgot I was filling another tank. Almost yelled at my daughters for leaving water running when it hit me. I flooded the family room.

drew

No floods but I did acclimate a new coral and discovered I was filling up the outer bag of a double bagged coral.

I got one, i was acclimating a new fish, and i went to look at some stuff on the internet about this fish to make sure i have the right food, 2 hours later i realized he was still floating in the tank in the bag, he alive tho

X( doh i keep having this stupid rock fall on my colt coral yesterday. it hasn't ever done that befor but like 6 times yesterday. got up this morning ad it did it agian. so i moved the colt. X(

Archived