Pod Your Reef

alright, what do you have in your 12?????

skilter

im curious what others have in their 12g cubes, ie: fish, corals, amount of rock/sand... and various other things, this is a thread so others can compare their setups.

as for me i have just setup my 12g DX, i have about 20 lbs LR and 10 lbs LS. i have the stock lighting, plus a fuge light and a moonlight. i replaced the stock pump with a minijet 606 and added a rio 90 to the first chamber which helps disrupt the surface water. i have 7 hermits, 5 something or other snails (i really dont know what they are, but they dont do the job) 3 turbo snails. i have a few shrooms and one zoo frag... thats it for now, i will add much more later.

-don

Sounds Good So far. I also starting a tank at the moment its a 10gal Aga though, nothing much just 10 lbs of LR and 15lbs of LS. Well that its for know will post later when i add more

I just started my 12g JBJ Nano-Cube DX w/moon lights about a week ago, I have 11.5 lbs of Live Rock, and 10 lbs of black sand (Non-living, but will be live soon enough). I'll be adding my clean up crew in a few weeks, and then I get to introduce my true clown and black clow a few weeks after that.

sandbunkerblues

I have a 12dx with 15#LR,15#LS,added 1 moon light,stock 48 watts of lighting.Took out bio balls and rings(added LR to the middle chamber for natural filtration)As for Life stock....Various polyps and zoos,favia brain,galaxia,daisy polyps,clove polyps,candy canes,green hammers,sun coral,Spotted mushroom rock,Purple,lime green,& peach ricordea shrooms,5 blue leg hermits,2 margarita snails,1 large turbo snail,coco worm,various feather dusters,1 Maroon clown,1 soon to be moved mandarine goby out of my 55 Gallon.....

12386test.JPG

ok, that tank makes me want to weep with joy. i'm going pretty slow, 6 months in, cleanup crew, skunk cleaner shrimp, royal gramma, and some zoos.

1 month in 2nd cycle for my 12g dx model nanocube, stock lighting, added rio 600 to front part of tank, 9lbs of LR, 10lbs of LS, 8 blue leg hermits and 1 funky snail that shows up every now and then. That's it for now! Take care. Hunter

I have a pair of skunks clowns, 2 gobies, a pistol, a cleaner and sexy shrimp, 3 red leg hermits, 4 turbo snails, hammer, candy cane, star, xenia, zoos, and yes they are all doing fine in my stock 12G old style nano, I do 2 water changes a week of 1 gallon and I top off every 2 days with RO and I dont overfeed, I have no skimmer, no extra mods, only thing I did is remove all the junk in the back of filter system and put lR in there instead.Havent lost a single animal or coral, tank is 6 months old.I want to add some shrooms later

12 gallon DX Stock everything expect only running sponges in the back. yellow toadstool leather, purple hairy shroom, false percula, 2 turbos, 1 scarlet hermit, 3 ceriths. 12 lbs of live rock

SoCal Reefer

i just bought a 12 for $150 with 20#lr 10#ls and anemone and clown and scooter blennie. Anyone interested in a rbta? it will not live for long so i figure it needs a better home :) I figure on adding hammers torch frogspawn plate coral and i will upgrade lights. I need a clean up crew too. the previous owner didnt know too much :)

newbiecarlz

ive got a perc clown, a six line wrasse and a coral banded shrimp. fromia starfish, normal and fluffy shrooms, zoas, star polyps. mines been running approx 10 months. only changes are an extra powerhead and LR instead of original filter media in back.

Hey Sand, where are you located in Texas? I am up in Dallas.

My 2005 Version 12G DX will be here Friday with Cabinet Stand. The 13lbs of LR will be here Friday as well and I already have the LS. My water is already set up and ready because I bought another tank but I hate it so I went ahead and ordered what I really wanted.:) So I figured I would set up water and salinity and get my temps up in the tank, I will sell after I dump the water in my new DX.

sandbunkerblues

I am in Plano,The fish stores I buy from are aquatic designs and exotic aquatics.You can P/M me for my e-mail if you have any questions.

I bought a JEBO 10 gallon with curved front. The only thing in it now is water and salt and a heater and some current. As soon as my new Nano and Stand get here tomorrow I am moving it to that and selling the other tank that I bought.:)

Anyone want a new tank for a good price?

Sand you got a PM, I live in Addison right near you.

I have a 2005 NCDx with stock lighting (for now!)

Mods (in order ;)):

Removed ceramic rings and bioballs immediately

Removed all but 1 sponge

Replaced stock pump with MJ606

Added Rio 90 & 50 to 1st compartment

Added 13W fugelight and replaced stock fans

Removed last sponge after almost 3 months

***Next up, major lighting upgrade :):):)

Tank:

~15# LR

Added Rock Rubble & Chaeto to 2nd compartment

NO SAND, barebottom for me

Inhabitants:

5 Turbo Snails

5 Cerith Snails

1 Emerald Crab

1 Yellow Clown Goby

1 Peach/Orange Ric

1 Blue/Purple Ric

3-Headed Frogspawn

2 Candy Cane Frags

2 zoo frags

1 Toadstool Frag

A few xenia stalks

GSP

Next week I'll be adding a Royal Gramma

- Daniel

I have the nanocustoms 3.24 126 watt upgrade:

20# Live Rock

20# Live Sand

Minijet 606

Rio 180

1 Juvenile False Perc

1 Barnacle Blenny

I have 4 acan lords

About 7 different zoos

4 headed baby Candy Cane

Some kind of mushroom...

About 3 different pimple mushrooms

1 Coco Worm

2 Scolymia Brains (1 is going away to a buyer)

A small frag of red sea xenia

Favia

Acan Echinata

Pink Ric

Whole bunch of little guys...cerith snails, nassarius snail, electric blues, bumble bee snails, baby astreas, astrea, margaritas...

If anybody is interested in my nano cube tank btw, I will be selling it soon...no livestock included, just the pumps/tank/hood. Here's an older FTS...still have hairy algae, trying to rid myself of it still:

032605_fulltank.jpg

i just added more LR to the first and second chamber and added a fish, its a Capped Damsel... pretty cool lil' guy, wish i had waited till my LFS had more percs, i woulda bought one of them. (percs seems to be smarter) i forgot to add that i dont have any of the orriginal filter media, i removed the bioballs, filters and the carbon as soon as i got the tank. all i have is chaeto and LR rubble in my first and seccond chambers.

Hey web, none of my rockwork is held by epoxy...only my frags. My pieces are actually 5 pieces...a bridge up top, in the middle and 2 bases and 1 small rock on the left upholding the bridge.

Archived