Innovative Marine Aquariums

Are the Nano cubes having problems

dwdenny

I bought my cork board at an office supply store (staples i think).

They sell it 12" squares....some cutting and a little wood glue and then i have a cork base.

Jest

Clowne,

No I just created a cork base for the tank by cutting and glueing pieces together. The base measures a little bigger than the tank itself. I wont be glueing anything down as the weight of the filled tank will keep things in place fine.

Jest

i love the cube design, but it seems to me that if they could somehow use a thicker glass, then some issues would be resolved, i wouldnt mind paying an extra 10bucks if that meant a stronger tank. i have been plagued w/ problems w/ aquariums this yr, i never had any problems whatsoever in the past, granted i've been reefing for nearly 6yrs. my first two problems were w/ standard rectangle 10gal that both leaked upon initial water test stages, then i got fed up and bought my first cube, that appeared ok after water test, then leaked a week after setup... now im on another cube that i ordered from nanocustoms, everything seems to be doing fine. i have it resting on a piece of sturdy foam (cant really tell you what it is, but i bought it at an office store, its used to desktops) and everything seems to be ok, if this happens to leak on me, im gonna just throw it all out and go w/ a 20g tall or something like that.

Yeah I am going to wait a bit to see if things change with the nano cubes. I am getting a 45g breeder in May and going to set that up first. By then maybe some thing will change with the cubes.

Archived