Soonerfan51

Possible modification for a cracked nano cube?

Soonerfan51

Well, I setup my used 12gallon OG nanocube the other day and it cracked on me right down the middle of the peice of glass on the left side(If you are looking at it from the front) Is there any reason that I cannot cover the crack with a pice if 1/4 glass and silicone to the inside of the glass all the way around? To cover this piece of glass up I removed the rear compartment that houses the filtration and put it on the left side of the tank. Now the tank would have more depth but not the width. It is the perfect length to cover up the side of the tank and stops just short of the curve that forms the bow front. I have not done any siliconing yet, I wanted as uch input as I could get b4 I started this little venture? Please fell free to let me know what you think. thanks -Mark

Farrah

hrmm... I've never tried anythign like this before, but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Chronicles

I'd just buy a tank only, they aren't that much. $49.99 from nanocustoms, or call JBJ.

Soonerfan51

Well I have emailed nanocustoms a couple of times and no one has replied, and its out of warranty so JBJ couldnt really help me, THe thing is that I need and Original Tank not the DX model and no one seems to have just the tank. Thanks -Mark

Farrah

I see people sell them on here sometimes. Just post a wanted post.