Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

is this accurate?

SeaFish

is this test by this company reliable? i use ""RED SEA"" mini lab test everytime i do water changes to make sure the water i use are copper free. I was wondering is this mini test accurate enough? also, if distilled water were made by copper tubing will this trace of copper be detected in this test kit?

I've found their copper kit to be ok. If water is running through copper pipes you should only get cold water out of it for your tanks. Warm or hot water can cause the copper to leach into the water but cold water will not cause this to occur.

You should not see any visible copper in your tests. Remember, there are traces of copper in sw......it's very low though and not harmfull....any thing you register on kits is bad for reefs and inverts.

Cameron

oh ic...thank you so much... cuz i got distill water and i am nto sure if they do it on copper pippes or something else. its arrowhead distill water. was just wondering just in case. dont want to kill everything in my tank..its too expensive =)

by the way do anyone know how Arrowhead Distill Water are made? i mean not if its condenstaed but what equipment they use?

You won't have any trouble with the actual bottled waters. I figured you were making your own water with a home unit or something.

Most bottled water is filtered through Reverse Osmosis and DeIonization filters. They use no copper pipes at all.....mostly PVC or something safe like that.

Cameron

Archived