ReefCleaners.org

Where to buy actual 12 gallon tank?

FishFreak

I bought a 12 gallon nano cube from a reefer on this site and it arrived cracked on both sides. I think UPS is going to fund me $80 because that is how much was insured. The lights work fine just the tank is busted. IS there any way I can buy the actual tank without the lights? Where and how much?

They put down the tank to weigh 42 lbs but when I had teh other one shipped it even came with a ballast and was only 30 lbs. Why is it so much at nanocustoms?

Thats a great question.

For shippers, they charge what is called a dimensional weight.

Every cube leaves nanocustoms with peanuts packed inside the tank, in the original box, and then wrapped in bubble wrap and peanuts (2 inches around each dimension).

The final shipping box is 20x20x20. Because of its size, dimensional weight is used instead of actual weight. In this case, a 20x20x20 is billed as 41 lbs.

If your shipper shipped in the factory box, or with little packing, thats probably why it broke.

For more on dimensional weight:

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/crg_dim_weigh...anguage=english

Thanks

Chris

Soonerfan51

I dont mean to Hi-jack this thread, but I am looking for a tank as well, except that I need an OG tank with the original style hniges. thanks -Mark

Archived