coogarts

Utilizing the stock pump

coogarts

Forgive what may seem like an incredibly obvious question, but being as this is my first foray into SW I need to make sure I have a firm grasp of every little detail.

People that have replaced the stock pump in the 12g nano-cubes always (mostly) say that they move the stock pump over to the first chamber behind the intake (assuming cassette mod isn't being used). Is the pump just rested on top of the spong with no tubing attached to it, or is their something attached to the pump behind the intake?

coogarts

C'mon, I know some of you have done this.

akayak65

probably attached by suction cups???

Howf777

yep suction cups

skipm

The suction cups attatch to the back wall with the discharge pointing out of the grill.

Brian da lion

Do you need the overflow mod to do that? I'm not sure how this works.

Esper
Originally posted by skipm

The suction cups attatch to the back wall with the discharge pointing out of the grill.

when i tried that, there was not enough room. with the suction cups on the back wall, I would have to cut a hole in the grill (or better yet, drill out the pre-made hole below it) for the discharge to fit through it. anybody have pictures of their setups?

aaronfmd

i didn't drill anything, just put the pump on its side and let it fire back into the main tank. you just have to have it submurged enough not to draw in air bubbles.

Web Guy

I mounted mine upside down and it fit much easier.:)

patio

i put mine in with the wires going toward the lift, but it made a funny sqeeky noise because a little bit of air was getting in because it was so close to the surface and it bugged me so was just gonna take it out but i put a bio ball in it and its all good not!

Web Guy

Flip the pump upside down and that solves that problem!:)

dga

drill hole next to stock outlet and mount pump at top with extension tube mounted on inlet tube of powerhead. this effectivly brings the powerhead out of the water a bit to reduce water temps.