Cultivated Reef

what do i need

clowne21

ok im thinking about getting the jbj 12 gallon deluxe and i want to know if i can keep 2 clown fish an anamoie and some corals if i can do that what will i need for the tank. and if i cant put that stuff in there do you have any good ideas for a tank it has to be smaller than 12 gallons 10 would be nice thank you

CRAVIN CRITTERS

No anemone. It reguires pristine water a whole lot of light and it will kill other corals. Also if it dies it will crash your tank.

ImAnanoReefer

use a sarcophyton coral, makes a great substitute for an anemone and the clownfish should host in it the same. Besides, they are cheaper! Sarcophyton is also called a toadstool leather.

Angel Higuera
Originally posted by CRAVIN CRITTERS

No anemone. It reguires pristine water a whole lot of light and it will kill other corals. Also if it dies it will crash your tank.

I agree. There's other corals that the clowns can host to as the other member pointed out.

-Angel

CRAVIN CRITTERS

Oh yeah two clowns will be fine a hydrometer or refractometer thermometer heater at least 12 pounds live rock sand a test kit and the list goes on and on. Bud no one is going to really answer your question because its been asked a hundred million times already and you cant explain what you need in this post and you have to research and fully understand what everything does and is for to have a succesful tamk.Ive been searching for 6 months you need to for at least 2 months.

Maybe after your tank is up for a year and you know what you're doing. Until then you're gonna kill off a lot of $$ worth of anemones. The way it sounds right now, you need to do some reading about everything, or else you'll be the guy posting "OMG MY ANEMONE IS INSIDE OUT AND EVERYTHING IS DIEING....HELP!!!"

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by clowne21

ya i know but i want a tank that in a year or two can have an ananoie

BTW - it's Anemone. ;)

Bob

BKtomodachi

Bob, check your PM's, there are only a couple of days left!

Haha...ananoie. Maybe he can have one... when he invents them!

Archived