SaltCritters.com

Maxijet 900 for 12 gal DX?

xoshagsox

I was wondering if a Maxijet 900 would be too much flow for a 12 gal Nano Cube. I put a Y lockline piece on the return outlet so this should distribute the flow better. I have a mini jet 606 right now but it doesnt create nearly enough flow for me. I want around double the flow. The Maxijet 1200 would create too much heat because it is 20w. The Maxijet 900 is only 8.5w, so this shouldnt create too much more heat than the minijet 606. I am going to use only one powerhead. What do you all think about the Maxijet 900?

I have one of the AquaGlobe AQ300 powerheads made by Eheim, it has a flowrate of 300 gph and uses <10 watts at 24 volts so heat hasn't been an issue. They also have a 100 and 200 gph model. I bought mine from www.premiumaquatics.com , HTH, Skip

I use a Maxijet 1200 right now and don't have any issues with heat.

I do however, have problems with my sand getting kicked up everywhere. I need to get more rock to try and breakup the flow.

• 3 weeks later...
sprtscntr
Originally posted by Donovan

How well does the maxi-jet 900 fit in the third chamber of 12g DX?  Any problems replacing?

I jsut put one in mine tonight, the only problem that I had was the tube from the output on the 900 to the elbow on flow into the tank was a little long just cut down small pieces of it till you get the sizing right for it.

Archived