ReefCleaners.org

Just got my Nanocustoms Larnie Hood and.........

Mjames4

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

91lxracer

Thats a commercial grade Liquid Control Device (float switch) thanks to my job. It works on conductivity. Two probes are suspended into the fuge, once the water level drops below one of the probes it turns the return pump off. The lights just indicate it's status, green = OK.....red = Low Level.

nanojake

Yeah I can do that...will try this weekend, but I'm gonna be outta town, but will try. Let me warn you however, it is VERY pricey, no way I could have afforded it if I had not gotten' it from my work.

Mark

Well my Berlin skimmer is installed now, will try to get a pic or two up soon. I have decided kick it up a notch, and install a PLC with 8 inputs and 16 outputs, with an Alan Bradley Panel View. Let the whole system be computer controled. Turn the heater on and off, chiller on and off, lights, auto dosing, you get the idea. I post pics along the way, should be interesting.

Mark

littlemutt

are you still able to open the top normally? it seems like the 2 tubes would keep it from opening all the way. very neat job bty

littlemutt,

Yes the top opens with no problems. Just make sure that you cut the slots in the rear for the tubes big enough.

Mark

NiCE job Mjames :)

Im doing research right now ( keep changing my mind every hour on what to get). Been 15 years since Ive had a SW tank. What chiller are you using??? I know heat is gonna be a problem for me in the South-- so I need to figure this before purchase. Ive read about the ICA, Iceprobe has problems with install on 12 gal cube. But someone posted a unit at Foster and Smith that heats and cools ( on sale for 200) kinda pricey but may be my only choice.

Thanks Izzue

Mark

Yes Sir I picked up that exact one from Foster and Smith before they cleared them all out :)

I decided on a different tank after my LPS showed me a deal I could not refuse. I ended up getting a finnex 18 gal M-tank with nice stand. This was between the 12g and 24g cube and appears easier for me to modefy.. Dont have my RO/DI water system in yet. So Im just planning it out and decided on doing some drilling etc. Post some pics when I get enough together. Thanks man -- I think that chiller will work well in the stand in the open part with the ceiling fan on for air movement.

Robert a.k.a [lag]Izzue== online gaming Counter-Strike Source

B)

Archived