Cultivated Reef

CB Shrimp question

RockinAR

tank cycled, tests look good, temp is 79.3, SG is 1.021

so I get a Coral Banded Shrimp and thow him in there yesterday. He's chillin and checking out the tank, then he finds the back of it where he can hide and I can hardly see him. I thought he was dead this AM cause he was not moving, but no, he's plenty alive he just won't come out and I don't really know how to get any food to him. Any ideas. I put some flakes in the tank, he did not even look at them. What are some more solid foods I can drop back there for him to munch on if he gets bored back there and decides to eat?

printerdown01

Just give'm some time, he should snap out of it. Before you know it he will own the tank. They are really quite bold, once established. Don't flood you tank with food or anything, he'll come out before he starves...

Yeah, he's a little shy at the moment.. have you tried mysis shrimp.. those will get any hidden critters out from their hidding places..

No, I have not tried anything. He's just back there clinging on to the side of a rock. He's been back there for like 10 hours in the same position. I know he's alive cause I see his little claws pick at the rock every now and then. Other then that, he don't move much.

SG low? I dunno. Some people tell me you want it low, some same crusty's like it high. According to everything I have read, it's average. Anyone think I should raise or lower it? I don't have any plans for fish, just a crusty or two and a small clean up crew later when it become needed.

Archived