Coral Vue Hydros

Does your spouse or partner share your love of aquariums?

Christopher Marks

I just love all these post on here!

My bf really likes the tank and says I am doing a great job with it as well. (His dad had a lot when he was a kid) He has his poker and I have my reef so we both have our thing and since we don't go overboard on either it all works out and there are no complaints. :)

He did like the fact that my first corals where free and even took me to go get them..... :D

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hubby loves my tank, it was him who pushed me to buy it, we already had two freshwater tanks with Discus in, but i had always wanted to try a reef tank, he even choose the tank and the live rock, so he know all the prices and did not bat an eyelid :D .

I am now waiting for my new Elos Midi to arrive, which once again he has pushed me to buy as he know I had always liked the Elos - He's great! never moans about the money just says if you want it buy it! :D

• 2 weeks later...
i think he missus likes my tanks, i know she thinks i spend to much dough on them.

ive lerned to duck when she takes a swipe at me for lookin at my nano over her sholder when shes tryin to talk to me, he he but thats wedded bliss for you.

Dave

This is exactly why I refuse to get married. I like my disposable income just the way it is haha

YouKnowBlev

The better half is very supportive. Hell she'll be the main investor in "The Big One" once we settle down.

She's not interested in helping but she likes to learn about the inhabitants.

NoviceReefer

I just got my 12G Nano yesterday and am super excited! My BF got his first 50 gallon about a month into our relationship and I coulnd't understand his obsession at first but now (6 months later) Im so into it! I got tired of not getting my way with his tank so I got my own! lol Now let the competition begin! :D

• 1 month later...

She always whines about how I'm always spending money on my aquarium stuff, but she loves sitting and watching the african cichlids! Then I remind her of how she spends just as much money on her sewing/crocheting stuff and she quiets down. Yarn?! She's already got 15 rolls of it! Why does she need another one of the same color?? Then I do something like buy her an iPod, and she forgets. Thats probably why I've recently added 109 gallons to the collection...

She's said that when I'm done with college and we have our own house with real jobs, (and she doesn't have to help move the tanks from house to house) I can have a fish room with as many glass boxes of animals that I want. Except snakes or arachnids. Looks like I'll be sticking to reefs, dart frogs, amazon and cichlid tanks!

NewZealandReefie

Yes!

We started our tank together, each have our own fish and favourite corals and have both been a part in most decisions.

We have plans to design something MUCH bigger when we eventually find the right house to buy.

Yes!

We started our tank together, each have our own fish and favourite corals and have both been a part in most decisions.

We have plans to design something MUCH bigger when we eventually find the right house to buy.

Essentially where I'm at...makes it way more enjoyable I think.

We went to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and spent almost an hour in front of their large reef tank. I was amazed at how much I remembered from being in the hobby about 8 years ago and she really enjoyed me naming all the different species that kept popping up etc. Then she surprised me with my custom tank and said it had to be twice as pretty as the one we saw in CA. Impossible.

She's a huge part of it...and that's pretty awesome!

Not really. My girlfriend like to look at the tank and has even helped me change the water once, but she really thinks I spend way too much time and money. Especially now that I'm trying to hold myself back from upgrading to a solana tank. If all goes good with my fluval edge, I'll be reefing like a champ in late November.

• 5 weeks later...

she loves that fact that i am very interested and love the hobby.....but when it comes down to the moneyshe hates it. but thats why i dnt really discuss what i get or how much....

• 2 weeks later...
she loves that fact that i am very interested and love the hobby.....but when it comes down to the moneyshe hates it. but thats why i dnt really discuss what i get or how much....

+1 :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got home from work last night and waiting by my stand thats holding my empty tank there was two 5 gallon jugs of ro/di water from my fav lfs. she also said she wants to order my carribean reef rock from John Maloney for my bday. She said she is tired of me turning on my light and staring at an empty tank lmao. i thought this was awesome! she is definitely showing more and more interest which is a good thing. She even said she wants her own tank so we went and bought her a 2.5gal. so id say we share the interest :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

Dude my guy has NO CLUE what the hell I am talking about when it comes to TDS and RO/DI systems and how I want one installed under the slop sink in the laundry room etc. He asks me to explain it, and when I do he tells me that I dumbed it down too much he isn't an idiot yada yada... GRRR

maybe I can slowly de-idiotize him?

• 2 months later...

Archived