inTank Media Baskets

Does your spouse or partner share your love of aquariums?

Christopher Marks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just made a fiance out of my gf, so we made a deal I dont complain about the cost of a dress she wond complain about the cost of a powehead lol... She isnt as crazy about it as me but encourages my hobby and likes to see the fish.

My wife let's me do it so she has something to get mad about.

Tired of that crap.

Ask her what she spends on her "Hobby" and then wait for the screaming! LOL trust me she will get over it.

He loves the fish but went WTF when I told him the 2 black misbar clowns cost 34 a piece! LMAO

This is a funny thread! My husband asked me what I was giggling about so I read him a few of the posts on here. He laughed, then asked me all serious like, how much do you lie about the prices of corals? Ut oh, busted.

Really though he likes the tanks (all 6), but hates the costs with it. He's learned not to ask me how much I spent at the fish store today. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. I also stopped taking him to the lfs very often, because then he sees all of the prices and has a fit. It works out in the end.

He does adore the octopus though and will push me out of the way to feed her when she asks for a crab now. When she was a baby though, she would have nothing to do with him and push his hand away. I could tell he was a little bent about this. He's like David the gnome, every critter loves him. I told him he needed to spend more time with her and she would come around. The first time she yanked his hand to play tug, his face was priceless. He's been totally hooked ever since. Inklet maybe getting a new tank because HE thinks she should have one...

This is a funny thread! My husband asked me what I was giggling about so I read him a few of the posts on here. He laughed, then asked me all serious like, how much do you lie about the prices of corals? Ut oh, busted.

Really though he likes the tanks (all 6), but hates the costs with it. He's learned not to ask me how much I spent at the fish store today. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. I also stopped taking him to the lfs very often, because then he sees all of the prices and has a fit. It works out in the end.

He does adore the octopus though and will push me out of the way to feed her when she asks for a crab now. When she was a baby though, she would have nothing to do with him and push his hand away. I could tell he was a little bent about this. He's like David the gnome, every critter loves him. I told him he needed to spend more time with her and she would come around. The first time she yanked his hand to play tug, his face was priceless. He's been totally hooked ever since. Inklet maybe getting a new tank because HE thinks she should have one...

I know mine will turn around now that there are clowns in the tank he is a little more into it. Love it got pics of the Octo? Inklet love the name! My clowns are Chimi and Changa :P

I am actually kinda glad she is not into it. Working at a fish store I always have to hear what I can tell is feigned enthusiasm from the girlfriend. What's even worse is the way over the top oooohhh ahhh at literally every damsel and chromis in the store. Then they walk right by the badass coral tanks and say, " oh look, plants"

I like it to be my time in the lfs (when i am not working there) I like to hang out with my buddy and talk fish and whatnot. If I had my girlfriend hanging on every word I said about my tanks and future stocking plans, I would eventually get sick of it. MY HOBBY!

My spouse loves saltwater as well. I'm glad that I have somebody to be with 24/7 that I share the same interests with. If I was married to somebody who didn't understand the hobby or didn't approve of it, it would be difficult telling her that I spent $50 on a coral, let alone $25.

Since we share the same love for the hobby, we have lots of tanks. We're actually thinking about taking them all down to set up a large one in our living room. We have a lot of saving up to do first, and in the economy, it's unlikely that our plans will happen for a while.

Nah, just kidding. I'm not even old enough to get married. EDIT: Unless I got a sex change and received functioning female reproductive organs. I could get pregnant and move to Georgia, where I could legally get married.

How old are you? You can get married at 15 or 16 with parental approval. Australians are weird lol.

<_<

Only if you move to Georgia I think... They're Southern, thus they are special. :wub:

I know mine will turn around now that there are clowns in the tank he is a little more into it. Love it got pics of the Octo? Inklet love the name! My clowns are Chimi and Changa :P

Inklet!

e531efb5.jpg

586c05de.jpg

Nice! Love that Octo.

Euphy you are such a brat. As long as your parents consent you should be able to get married but who would want to, and I have family in Georgia and My cousin married a 17 year old without her parents consent I think she was like 4-5 months out from being 18 though.... LOL (it didn't last)

And hey at least I am not the wife who spends this $$$ on shoes or clothes, I am a jeans and tennis shoes type of girl with 1 or 2 nice outfits for fancy things, so I should spend my unused clothing and shoe $$$ on the tank!

Makes sense right? ;)

I dont say anything about her Coach Purse purchases or makeup, but she has pleanty to say about my aquariums. I guess it takes away from her purchases.

I'm lucky, my GF likes my tank

enough to look after it for 4 MONTHS I've been away for research

Does weekly water changes and sends me picture updates every other day!

• 3 months later...
surgicalsense

He used to, but lately no. Doesn't really understand :( that it is becoming a issue off and on.

... and he is the one that bought the tank for me

I tell my wife everything is either fake or plastic.

Reminds me of a Helen Keller joke :D

- "Did you know Helen Keller had a dog?"

- "..."

- "Neither did she!" :haha:

surgicalsense
Reminds me of a Helen Keller joke :D

- "Did you know Helen Keller had a dog?"

- "..."

- "Neither did she!" :haha:

Just an, FYI ...

They had a family dog when she was a small child.

Also, in her adulthood.

Just an, FYI ...

They had a family dog when she was a small child.

Also, in her adulthood.

I never said they didn't have a dog, in fact I said they did.

She just didn't know. That's the joke. <_<

surgicalsense
I never said they didn't have a dog, in fact I said they did.

She just didn't know. That's the joke. <_<

I know :lol: .. aww Ball

.... actually their dog was scared of her :P

Hmmm well this is a funny topic. Brit and I don't share our finances except for bills which we use a common joint account to transfer JUST bill money to to pay everything with. If she knew I have 5 grand in a 25 gallon(that's including f'ups too) well..who knows lol

When I was fishless she didn't understand...when I was building my new tank she didn't understand, when I bought her a kitty w/ healthplan & tower & window bed & water fountain she started not caring what I did. Now she takes care of the kitty I take care of the tank(diversion haha). But now that the tank is relativly stocked I catch her watching it or trying to sneak some food in, but always catch her quick...woman you better go rinse them hands in vinegar get that damn soap and lotion off before you go stickin your hands in my tank :P.

So moral of story, she doesn't ask the cost, I don't tell. Use diversion & give her a hobby when you've started a hobby. Keep finances separate, keep her involved, tell her what everything is, ask her opinion on things and placement and colors you want to highlight...but don't take them equipment shopping..Lfs is ok when shopping for fish/inverts. But don't take them coral shopping..lol

Archived