Coral Vue Hydros

2.5 gallon on my computer desk

adamjonpeterson

adamjonpeterson

Most of the corals I plan to add are on good size rocks, so I am just waiting till I get the temp figured out to add them. I ordered a fan that I have to install plus I need a heater at night.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whiterastaboy16

i agree with the 50/50's i have 1 10W and 1 20W in my 5gal and i bet you wont even need a fan. with my lights on it never gets above 74.

adamjonpeterson
Originally posted by whiterastaboy16

i agree with the 50/50's i have 1 10W and 1 20W in my 5gal and i bet you wont even need a fan. with my lights on it never gets above 74.

I have half the water and just as much light. Plus the hood is completley enclosed. I don't mind adding a fan, and heater. I actually like the color that the tank is right now. I get sick of the blue sometimes. I have a 26 bow with 20k metal halides.

adamjonpeterson

What is wrong with the two I have? Doesnt 6500k actually make coral grow quicker, than 10000k? I don't mind the color.

Wow. This nano is going to be TOO CUTE! I can't wait to see it develop.

I have a 2.5 gallon I was going to try to set-up as an experiment, but figured I might have better luck with the 10 gallon first.

Does your canopy contact make them or was this a special item they had? I'd be interested in purchasing one myself.

Regards,

Alanna

adamjonpeterson

This isnt something that he makes, he just had one from an old 2.5 he had.

Also I am starting to get some algae so I need to get that under control.

algae doesnt happen becasue of a light bulb it happens because of extra nuterints in the water however the light will allow it to grow faster

adamjonpeterson
Originally posted by Hannahlyn

algae doesnt happen becasue  of a light bulb it  happens because  of extra nuterints  in the water however  the light will allow it to grow faster

You are correct. It also doesnt help that I have no clean-up crew, and also no macro in my fuge yet. These are all things I have on the list.

Actually, light and light color are big factors in algae growth. Excess nutrients just happen to also cause algae as well. The combonation of both, however, seems to have a synergistic effect on growth.

adamjonpeterson

Also algae can be expected with a new cycling tank. As I said I am not worried. I have a 26 bowfront that is doing well and it just takes some time. I was hoping to stock the tank this week, but I am very busy at work, and it will have to wait.

Obviously.

I'm just saying, I have run to similar tanks (1 with the exact same bulbs) and both of them had algae problems. Other similar set-ups with different light spectrums, however, did not.

Archived