inTank Media Baskets

2.5 gallon on my computer desk

adamjonpeterson

adamjonpeterson

Ok well I got bored tonight so I wiped togeather a 2.5 gallon that I had laying around. I figured it would look good on my desk next to my computer. So first I started with a nice clean 2.5 gallon all glass tank.

nano1.jpg

Next I had to worry about lighting and water movement. So I went down to wal-mart and got a small 10w power compact bulb, and found a light fixture I had laying around the house. I also had an old power filter from a 10 gallon that I clean well and removed all the media from, it whould work perfect.

nano3.jpg

nano4.jpg

Put it all togeather and things arent looking to bad

nano5.jpg

So I stole some sand from my tank and tossed it and some saltwater in.

nano6.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
adamjonpeterson

Finally I needed to add some rock, for that I ran down to the LFS and bought 2 lbs. Stilly cloudy buut should be clear by morning

nano7.jpg

I plan to just steal some small frags from my main tank and watch this one grow.

adamjonpeterson

Also as pictured I bought a small heater, if this thing doesn't work I got a 100w I will stuff in there.

I myself am confused too...not exactly sure why that was the

Best.

Reply.

Ever.

but maybe I'm missing something. Looks like a good start to the tank. Are you going to keep that coke can as the reflector or find something else?

Originally posted by adinsxq

please delete this website

Thanks adin. Because of you I just spit soda all over my f***ing computer screen. :D

Agreed on the best reply ever.:P

adamjonpeterson

Well sorry that my tank doesnt meet your standards. I guess if you don't like it, don't look at it. Here is a shot this morning.

nano9.jpg

whiterastaboy16

i suggest getting a coralife 50/50 screw in bulb from petco, big al's ets... makes a big difference if your plannin on getting corals. atleast i thought so wen i had my 2.5 set up

adamjonpeterson

The HOB will have some macro in it eventually.

I am also adding 2x13w PC, and a hood I got today. Plus I painted the back. I got the canopy from a member here on Nano that lives about 5 minutes from me. I just have to go pick it up.

Canopy.jpg

nano11.jpg

I will move the power filter back once the paint dries. I will also snap some pics once I get the other two lights installed.

adamjonpeterson

Ok I picked everything up and got it all set-up. I will try and get the 2 13w PC's installed Friday or Saturday. Here are the pics.

nano12.jpg

nano13.jpg

adamjonpeterson

As long as you paint the outside it works very well. I have painted the back of every tank i have ever owned.

I also added a second 10w light today. I will snap some pics in a few.

Sam_Sushiro

Absolutely the coolest light setup ever. I wish there were more threads like this of normal guys not just the expensive, "my way or the highway" guys. Keep it up, I'm subscribed.

Archived