Coral Vue Hydros

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

ah, ok... thanks for the clarification, just trying to keep my eyes peeled for any trouble points :)

if you ever drill the canopy (IMO the best way to cool your canopy), be sure to ask Jason (AKA: Chap @SDReefs.com). he helped me with my 3'' holes and they're flawless (free of charge too!). roughly 5 mins to drill 1 hole :)

as for the chiller, if it's loud, just run it for a few hours (3-4 hrs) during the day when you're not at around the tank or at work... maybe it'll be easier on your ears :)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict

Please keep your eyes open! I would hate to make a mistake while at the same time you assumed that I was aware of it. hmmm Does that sentence make any sense?:D

I'll keep Jason in mind. The holes in your canopy came out great..

I'm just excited cuz I bought a new power drill and some more hole saw bits. I cut out rbaby's acrylic tank holes for bulkheads in like a minute.

i saw that! :) i thought it was weird for a moment... funny funny, looks like PVC Glue is finally getting to your head zzz

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by Tigahboy

what tha heck?  i posted in the wrong thread!  haaha.  sorry, RA. I delete now.

What did I miss?:(

Did you post that you were giving me your pink yuma?!?!?:P

I accidentally posted pics of my new rainbow lobo in your thread. hehe. they have been moved to my 67g thread.

Reefer Addict

Your posting of the rainbow lobo in my thread was a subliminal act showing that you really want it to reside in my tank!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Reefer Addict

Just got done doing a little plumbing. The only glued pieces in this pic is the manifold bar or where you can see blue. Everything else is dry fitted.

Reefer Addict

All's I have left to get in order to put everything together is a return pump and my 'Tigahboy Signature Limited Edition Sump and Refugium.":D

mmm...so i'm in the market for an upgrade(have to get rid of some of these damn nano's...i've got 5 in my apt. right now!) and i'm thinking about going big. say 70+gallons. butttttttt, i found a 29L(acrylic) the other day that really, really caught my eye. 36x16x10...not as wide as i'd like, but hell, it'd be a fun tank to learn how to plumb correctly. plus, it'll be easy to fit in my civic. lol. not too many huge tanks are gonna bode well with the suspension and whatnot of my car.

so RA, don't be suprised if you get a bunch of pm's from me in the coming month or so. the same goes for you, dennis. :D

btw, RA, why'd you get rid of the 120? i'm willing to bet that that was a nice piece. if you already mentioned why it's gone, sorry...i'm a little tired right now. :D

Reefer Addict

yoshi-just change your nic to yoshiod9baby. Tigah will plumb your upgrade tank for free....:D

Seriously, once the time comes pm me with any questions concerning pvc plumbing. I figure most of my brain cells that died while breathing the pvc glue will hopefully be replaced by then.

Regarding my 120g tank....I gave everything away when I moved from Nor-Cal to SoCal. I repeat...I GAVE EVERYTHING AWAY as in free:o (the only things I kept where the stand, canopy, chiller and some light fixtures) to a local LFS. Screwed up big time. I did not plan ahead and make time to sell off the tank/lr/ls and corals.:blush: I gave everything away on a Wednesday. The next day the moving van showed up. My friends where not happy that they did not get the chance to cherry pick my stock. I just did not have the time to parse things out. The LFS had everything broken down and out of my hourse within a hour and a half. My initial plan was to sell most of the stuff rather than ship it down. It is actually cheaper to start from scratch.

And yes, that tank rocked... I tell you though. It took alot of my time to maintain it.... That part I do not miss.

Archived