SaltCritters.com

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict

Thanks Bob. So many decissions still to make. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and not over think the system...

I did finally make a decission on bulb. Place an order for 2 175w SE 20k XM's. Hopefully they won't be super blue... Should get here tomorrow..

Reefer Addict

I just got and screwed in my new 175w 20k XM's. Talk about blue!!! :D I hope they lighten up a bit after burning in..

post-10749-1133841537_thumb.jpg

the xm's stay pretty damn blue even after burn in but they do lighten up some. they are awesome bulbs, probably my favorite se bulb out there and ive seen tons from the store i worked at

Reefer Addict, im sure your lights will get lighter. I have a 250W 20K and man that sucker was dark blue, hahaha. But it got clearer as soon as the bulbs burns in.

Reefer Addict

Thanks for the feedback guys. Either way, I will learn to live with them no matter how they shine.

Reefer Addict

I'm thinking of using 1" bulkheads with 3/4" inch reducers. The biggest loc line's come in 3/4". I am worried about leaks if I use 3/4" bulkheads for my return holes were originally drilled for 1" bulkheads.

The only disadvantage of going 1" inch is the 'look'. The slip reducers only come in white.

Oh well. It's only a prop tank, right?

Hey, they sell 3/4" bulkheads which are made for 1.75" holes (1" bulkhead size); 1" size bulkhead body w/ the hole size of 3/4". so you won't need to bother w/ the white reducers.

fishsupply.com sells the oversized 3/4" bulkheads.

edit: in fact from what I hear, most places no longer sell 3/4" standard bulkheads which are made for 1.5" holes...they usually only carry these 3/4" bulkheads made for 1.75" holes now. so they won't be labeled any differently (like "oversized" 3/4" bulkhead or "special", etc) when you check them out at fishsupply.com.

Reefer Addict

Dang-I knew I should have checked with you first!!!!!! Could have saved some money and not have bought the 1" stuff!!! :D

Reefer Addict

Was on the horn with SoCalCreations earlier. Looks as if I am going to go with a "Tigahboy Signature Limited Edition Sump and Refugium".

Details and pic's to be posted later....

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by uchiha

lol such a long name for the sump :

it's all a marketing ploy!

Well I do have an MBA!:P

So here it is. Credit to TB. I took his original sketch and did a slight mod (and a poor job of a mod using paint if I do say so myself)with numbers-slightly taller/deeper, etc. but it still stays pretty true to his original sump design.

post-10749-1133841652_thumb.jpg

Reefer Addict

Forgot 2 things

1)Strips on top of fuge area are to support an old 18" PC light fixture

2)Space between first and second skimmer baffle is 3"

Reefer Addict

Tigah-What do you think? I took an inch in width from the return section but felt that the extra 2.5" depth would make up for it.

Hope I did you proud!!!! :D

I think most everyone will be stealing that design. ;) I know I would if I was upgrading. ;) I have a feeling that Dennis will become the Melev of N-R.com ;) Making a site so everyone can see his brilliant ideas and then steal them. ;) Hahaha!

Archived