Pod Your Reef

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

I bet that it cost about the same amount in gas money to drive to pick up the tank in that H2 as the tank itself cost,hahaha. I drive a Dodge Ram 4x4 and it was almost $60 last time I filled up. God Bless gasoline.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha, but on a more topic related note, can't wait to see pix!! :)

actually, i can't wait to see it sit in the stand! im sure it's gona be awesome

Reefer Addict

Left side of overflow. 2 Holes drilled to accomodate 1" bulkheads. Two holes also drilled on the right side of box.

post-10749-1133841039_thumb.jpg

for some reason i thought you were gonna get acrylic. nice choice of hole arrangements tho. I would've done somethin very similar as well.

Reefer Addict

Tank in stand.

I also have a matching cherry canopy that has been retro'd with 2x175w mh's and i believe 2x110w vho's. Thinking of saving some money and using that. Need to get it down from my attic.

post-10749-1133841157_thumb.jpg

Reefer Addict

Wait till you see the matching cherry top. It will crack you up. Such a nice stand and canopy for a prop tank... :P

Again, the stand and top where used with my old 120g reef tank that I had to break down and give away due to a relocation.

Reefer Addict

Remember, the stand was originally designed to hold a 120g tank. Didn't want to spend more money on a new stand just for a prop tank... You should see it with the canopy on. Talk about short! :P

I think I will rename it my 'low rider' prop tank.

Will post a pic later tonight.

Reefer Addict

Here's a pic with the matching cherry canopy. It is lit with 2x175w mh's and 2x110w vho's. All bulbs need to be replaced due to age. I am thinking of just running 2x175w 20k's and not lighting the vho's.

Also, you can see that I painted the back of the tank black today. Going to pick up some bulk heads tomorrow.

It kind of looks like a 'low rider' prop tank when you see it live. :P

post-10749-1133841233_thumb.jpg

Reefer Addict

Did some work on the 'ganja' tank.

As you can see very little work...

Lft side loc line.

post-10749-1133841275_thumb.jpg

Reefer Addict

VMA. I picked these up the day that you were there. I must have spent an hour just putting the pieces (and others) together in different configurations..... Too many options. I still may change it again!

Reefer Addict

Pic of my durso standpipe attached to a 1.5" bulkhead. I have not drilled the hole on the top end cap (or attached it). Will probably do this last.

post-10749-1133841435_thumb.jpg

Archived