inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's nc6 mods

Tigahboy

Hi Keith-

Tigah.. sorry for the threadjack.. I put in the bulkhead fitting and misc plumbing for you. Clearance is a little tight, but it should work out. I used a threaded elbow, so if you choose to go with a slip joint, you'd have to replace the bulkhead... Enjoy your new nc6.

Chris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it might be a good idea to get a slip bulkhead. just a lot easier to connect and disconnect the elbow adapter in the tight space. I couldn't even fit my hand back there (had to have the gf do it for me). w/ the slip, just one push and you're done vs having to twist it x number of turns.

btw. be sure to get standard bulkhead (meaning threaded on the front end and slip on the back). loc-line connectors only come in threaded so it has to be a thread x slip.

I agree with TB.. A slip fitting makes everything much easier. I would replace the bulkhead with a slip fitting bulkhed (back). I picked up the bulkhead from my LFS, so selection was limited. I wanted to thank you kieth for your patience (ordered on April 7, shipped 2 weeks later). Its customers like you that make me not throw in the towel when things get rough (they get rough at nanocustoms with so much juggling that goes on).

Chris

Hey Tigah, can we get a picture of the tank from the front after the all the mods?

I'd love to see how the Y lic-locs look in the tank.

• 7 months later...

Haha yeah I noticed that too, but I went with black. Good guess of my last name. I'm guessing you're either Korean or know lots of Koreans (since you live in LA).

Archived