Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 0.3g Pico

Tigahboy

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Tigah,

Your pico scrapper is awesome and I'm going to have to get one for my pico. Great idea.

Man you busted a pico quicker than I could say Ti --- Gah,,,, :)

Mike

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perpetual98

Let me get this straight. You're going to use the empty (I'm assuming that it will be empty) chili can for a sump? Are you going to put a refuge in there as well as a skimmer too? The bubble trap will be tricky. I think I read a thread somewhere where you can take a Euroreef or an ASM skimmer, boil it in hot water and then throw it into the dryer on hot to shrink it. That may work for your skimming. How about a Children's Tylenol eyedropper top-off system?

Ok, here is my pico. Its cycling as we speak and its bare bottom tank.

Here pic to show the size of my tank.

pico00.jpg

Here is close up.

pico01.jpg

And I chose 150W MH Pendent with Phoenix 14K hqi for the lighting.

pico02.jpg

Enjoy

I cant believe I had missed this thread. Tigahboy this has to be the best thread ever dude, hahaha. You are the man bro, hehehe.

Hey, hold off on the kudos, folks. Anyone can throw some rocks into a bowl and call it a pico. He says he has plans for circulation, etc., but I don't believe we've actually seen it implemented. Tigah?

As for you, oogie, your "pico" looks exactly like my "shroom containment center" only out of the tank. C'mon, guys, you gotta do better than that! ;)

Im selling the upgrade version of Tigahboys 0.3g pico. This is the new 0.6g pico. I have 2 of these for sale. Hurry while they are hot. $20 each.

9777MVC-001S1-med.JPG

Originally posted by adinsxq

^ c l u e l e s s

Originally posted by jmt

As are most people on this forum.

:*( Am not.

For water movement, get a nano-nimble. Drill a hole through the outside piece parallel to the table. Tie one end of a piece of string to it and the other end to a small rat/large mouse. Get the rodent to run in circles around the pico tank (maybe chasing the tangs?). Voila, water movement. For counter-movement, repeat with another rodent moving in the opposite direction. Chaotic water movement is almost guaranteed as part of the system.

You guys are mean.

Archived