Pod Your Reef

Seio behind the wall of a 24DX?

MadTownMax

I like the amount and type of flow that Seios put out, but I don't like the enormous amount of room they take up - if anyone has one can they just supply a picture of one next to a ruler? I'm interested in how I might be able to mount/install one behind the "sump" wall on my JBJ 24DX

I want to know if I cut out a hole in the back wall of my JBJ 24DX if I could mount a pump to replace the stock pump, and maybe two (another directly opposing it the stock pump replacement). I can see from the dimensions that I would be able to mount it vertically, but I assume the water flow is more dispersed and random when they are mounted horizontally -- similar to a Tunze Stream.

I also like the idea of being able to have them on a controller (if/when the controller is available) - anyone know if it will totally turn them off, or just pulse from low to high flow? I wouldn't want my clown goby to go in when it's off and get a nasty surprise .

Any advice or comments welcome - if someone's already done this please post some pics and how you like it.

-Nick

Archived