Innovative Marine Aquariums

Water test readings.

WillyWonka

WillyWonka

sorry to ask such trivial questions but i wanted to know if these readings sound good for a 10 day old tank.

ammonia = 0mg

Nitrite = .3mg/l

ph = 8.1

i couldnt figure out if the hardness was ok.  it took 15 drops for the blue to turn yellow in the test vial.  it was filled with 5 ml of tank water.

i have a 12gallon eclipse w/ 9lbs of uncured live rock, a rio 90, a supernova 32w on its way for the retro and a heater for the time being.  

i'm wondering if the tank has already cycled and how long i should wait to add livestock.  thanks

the tank isn't finsiseh cycling it should be done in the next week or so then i would add a clean up crew then maybe 2 fish MAX!

Like jay2k2 said, your tank has not cycled yet. As far as your hardness test, didn't it come with instructions? The test I have has a syringe that you use to drip a solution into a vial of tank water. Compare the number of ml's it takes to change the color of the water to the chart, and you will have your dKh, or hardness, level.

I agree you still have a week or so to go for the cycle to complete. It could even finish in a day or so, it depends on whether the nitrite is at the start or end of cycle.

Archived