Innovative Marine Aquariums

Powerhead won't stick

ndfootball5489

ndfootball5489

My powerhead won't stick to the back wall of my aquarium. I don't know what is wrong with the suction cups, but it comes loose and it is very annoying. Anyone have ideas on how to make it stay?

Silicone. A little dab in the middle should hold it. Just make sure you lower the water level.

Or, just scrounge around in the shop for some.

I agree with Yoshido. Take an expired card - like a credit card and use it to clean off the glass/plexi thoroughly. The suction cups should work a lot better afterwards.

10" Red Devil

Ive been able to boil mine with good results in the past, and Ive used maxi jets, RIO's, etc. I boiled mine for 10 mins and it sorta recharges the plastic. I got this tip from a long time reefer of 20 years that I use to work with.

redneckvampire

I gave up on getting mine to stick a long time ago. Now they just dangle. I've got a nail on the stand that I wrap the cord around to keep it at the proper level. Look at it this way, if your powerhead is powerful enough it should flail around like an air hose on the ground, then you have a wave maker too. LOL

Nick, those look cool, but what if you have an acrylic tank where they have those silly openings on top quite a distance fromt he sides?

If you can find cheap magnetic algae cleaners, you can glue the powerheads to the inner magnet.

I bought some magnets specifically for this task...and never used them...I don't know if those ceramic magnets are "reef safe" or if they need to be coated somehow.

V

Archived