Coral Vue Hydros

Who has JBJ stand?

Chronicles

I was about to order a cube + stand but after reading this I'm not sure what he was talking about? Is the JBJ Nano cube stand junk?

I can tell you from my one whole week of experience with my 12g nano cube that I wish I would have taken the time to learn more about stands/canopies...I was overcharged for a very weak stand at the LFS; I paid the price because I thought it would be 'made to match.' Yes, the top of the stand is cut the same shape. That is the only positive thing I can say about it. Thanks for offering an option to inadequate manufactured stands.

I wouldn't buy one your better off going to target and getting a TV stand or other kind of cabinet, it wont be the same shape but it will be much sturdier

i have a jbj stand and it looks nice and does the job as rnosal has said. my only complaint is that it has very little storage area and it does not have any room for any kind of sump.

Mine as well, the S shape stand, looks good and does the job, especially when wife is picky on furniture matching.

We also have a bamboo weaved small side table next to the cube, and we just bought a similar made stool to put on the other side. Both color and style match well with the cube plus stand. The sidetable offers enough storage space, and the stool offer perfect height for sitting and watching. Now we just need to buy some green plants/vines to hide all the wires hanging outside, it will become a nice looking corner.

If you are worried about stability and want a larger footprint go with the 24g stand if your getting a 12g cube. Thats what i did and it works fine. B)

I bought mine at my lfs that sold nano cubes and stands. They had both the cabinet and the 'S' style in both sizes. Look around online, I have seen both. Try ebay.

I have the "V" stand. It is an after market stand that I bought here locally. It can be viewed by clicking on my sig.

I am very happy with the stand. It is solid and sturdy. It is correct to say that there is not much storage space but I keep my supplies in the closet anyways.

I do not think that this stand is made by JBJ. The only stands that are made by JBJ as far as I know are the "S" stand and that "Mini" cabinet stand (which looks like a POS IMO).

Christopher

I forgot to say that the stand I have is for a 24 gallon Nanocube (but I'm sure you saw that it was). Also, the stand its self comes up to my waist (3.0 ' - 3.5') so its not one of those short stands. I feel that it puts the cube at a nice viewing level!

The stand was bought here locally in San Antonio. I have not seen it online at this time.

The shop I bought it at is called Texas Tropical and Marine and their phone number is 1-210-341-3474 . I strongly suggest that that you call them and ask them where you can purchase one or where they purchase theirs. (I do not think that they will ship but who know's?) If you call ask for Eve (Male) he is a great guy and will be willing to help you out. Tell Eve that Christopher gave you the number and you are a member of Nano-reef.com.

Christopher

I have the s-stand for the 12gallon nano-cube and I like it. But you do see the wires which is kinda tacky and there's no storage but it is very sturdy.

Archived