Pod Your Reef

can a poor reefer get a small zoo for free?

the frag master

the frag master

all my frags are so small that i would have to give the whole thing up. i have no extra equipment and no this is not a joke. after the hurrincanes hit, i lost all my stock. i have had to rebuild by spending even more money than i could afford. i am indebt to my parents.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrew (Canada eh)

I know what its like to be in debt, im putting myself through school and don't have any spare cash. I have to collect cans from the recycling and return them to get gas money.

I think that is why i have been planning my tank for two years and haven't set it up yet.

no money = no tank

man just let your tank mature and chill out. You dont come off sounding very well you sound pathetic when you ask for hand outs. If you put all your stuff in your largest tank, or the tahnk with best equiptment and then let things mature you will be alot happier with things than if you have 3 OK tanks. I am only 16 but I make do, its alot better to have 1 nice tank than 3 ok tanks.

Frag Master I would give you some zoo's but your in Florida and it wouldn't be worth it to send them via fed ex or USPS. Sorry.

I've got some green bubble macro algae that I can ship to you, it's really cool and looks like metallic green marbles - some even have some corralline on them ;).

As far as I know it's very rare

Job=pay=buying stuff you want=not begging for stuff.

Will work for frags?

come on there has to be a LFS that is willing to give you something.

what are frags 30 bucks at most?

christ, offer to your neighbors your services...mowing lawns or something!

this is america get out there and quit whining!

I am sure that any reputable LFS will give you one small zoanthid for free just ask for a loose one whenever they already have their hand in the tank for somebody else.

natejonesis

Any reputable LFS would kick him out for soliciting while they're trying to sell stuff to paying customers. I've been selling blood to buy my frags.

the frag master

thanks for being fags and homos enjoy your fing site i will never be back as you all r mofo's

Now you definately won't be getting any free frags. You just called all of use "###'s and homos" when not everyone was even bashing you.

LOL!!! I can't believe someone who obviously knows how expensive this hobby is, and how much time and money everyone puts into their own tanks would ask for a hand out. Then when told no, insults everyone for giving him suggestions on how to better his situation. If you can't afford the 10 bucks to get a new zoo, how are you going to afford anything in this hobby. Hell, I spend 10 bucks a week just on water changes. Here some more unwanted advise, wait until you have a job that will support your hobby. Oh and if you are in debt to your parents I dread the day you can apply for credit...

natejonesis

Hey Frag Master,

You live in Florida with all the corals. Maybe if your dumb ass parents would stop buying you tanks and start paying for your swimming lessons you wouldn't be begging for handouts. Oh, and 'Mushroom Head', you shouldn't be a tease. You know damn well that no one was going to give him anything...lol

the frag master

nate my parents didnt buy me any tanks. my uncle got out of the hobby when he had kids and he gave me every thing i guess you guys are just not the good reef ppl that i was told you are. see ya in reef keeping heaven

frag master its not that they are bad people its that this is an expensive hobby and we all work hard for what we put in our tanks like they said a while ago offer somthing for trade even if its a PS2 video game in it then you might have better luck because then you are not getting somthing for nothing you may also want to appologize for calling people names if you ever want to get anything from this site in the future. People here can be very very helpful maybe if you have 3 tanks you might tank down 2 and sell them in whole or in part that'd give you coral money ...just a thought.

I have to make a retraction, my previous post was not in good taste, much less helpfull. I will be getting "demobilized" from the Navy sometime around July/August. I'm sure I'll have a half dozen zoo frags, and probably a few sps and leathers when it comes time to break down my tank. Between now and then, keep working on your tank and keep me informed of your progress. If you have one good solid cycled functioning reef tank prepared, I'll send you 6-10. This may work out to my benefit as I may move back to the east coast where we can again swap with each other.

And, you can get good information on this site. Hope you'll stay around.

Dave

natejonesis

Hey Frag Master,

Glad you stuck around. It would have been silly for your gay-bashing butt to leave the forum based on this thread. You just have to realize that this is a thread people love to have fun with. God knows I've enjoyed it. And it worked out for you too. Diver Dave is filled with Catholic guilt about his comment and is going to send you free frags. Me, not the guilty type, but hey, to each their own. And stop bashing gays, you're a young man in Palm Beach, if you don't learn to work for the things you want....god knows what you'll have to do for money.

supacharged21

What a stupid method for a handout. I am ebaying half of my things i dont use to scrap up enough money for just my tank with live rock. Does anybody wanna buy my heater, chiller, live rock, sand? All i can say is earn your own, be kind, and things will come back to you in return from people you treated nicely and helped out.

The way you have presented yourself right here, right now has basicly ruined your image for free stuff and maybe even advise.......not good.

natejonesis

See Frag Master, we're not "all fags and homos" like you said. We have some bleeding heart pu**ies here as well. I'll give you some frags if you mow my lawn.

angelocarusone

Question:

Why is that when I called Bob an idiot it was edited by a moderator, but the use of the word "###" isn't? If you're going to restrict free speech, then at the very least be consistent. ### is a far more offensive word than "idiot" and as such should be blocked just the same.

Archived