SaltCritters.com

How many aquariums do you have?

Christopher Marks

Too many :P 5gal eclipse hex pseudochromis jail, 12gal aquapod w/70MH clown goby heaven, 37gal LPS reef only, 210gal Carribean tank w/Lucifer the Queen trigger. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, a 2500 sq ft insane asylum to house them,my bunnies and my wife.

Dos acuarios - a 12-gallon Aquapod, and a 20H with 96 watts of T5HO that's cycling as we speak. And listen to this one: we drove down to Ft. Lauderdale last Saturday to check out the huge new Big Al's Superstore (it was FANTASTIC - they had EVERYTHING!!!) and so we're in there, looking at all the huge tanks and stuff, and my dear wife says, "Hey, how come we don't have a great big aquarium?"

Can you believe that?!?

We spent the rest of our time there looking at 150-gallon setups!

coral_addict

I think it's an understatement to say that we're obsessed with our hobbies. If it wasn't for the wife, I think I will probably have as many tanks as my petshop. At what point would you guys say is too many tanks with regards to upkeep wise? Please don't count 10hrs per day obsessing at our Corals, just the upkeep portion (ie water changes, cleaning tank, feeding, helping sick fish, etc). I'm thinking that anything over 3 tanks and you would probably need a stay at home job in order to keep up with the maintenance?

Dos acuarios - a 12-gallon Aquapod, and a 20H with 96 watts of T5HO that's cycling as we speak. And listen to this one: we drove down to Ft. Lauderdale last Saturday to check out the huge new Big Al's Superstore (it was FANTASTIC - they had EVERYTHING!!!) and so we're in there, looking at all the huge tanks and stuff, and my dear wife says, "Hey, how come we don't have a great big aquarium?"

Can you believe that?!?

We spent the rest of our time there looking at 150-gallon setups!

You sir are truely blessed!

Tanks:

1 x 8 Gallon BioCube

1 x 70 Gallon FW (Wife's tank...I keep mentioning it would make a nice reef, but she's not biting)

4 Tanks total: 2 active, 2 not set up yet...

5.5 AGA w/2.5 Fuge

2.5 Mantis Tank (N. Wennerae)

BioCube14--Will replace 5.5 after lighting mod.

65 AGA Reef Ready--In Storage till I have the $ to do it right.

Edited by Kirin1

Five tanks total and planning at least two more.

10 gallon SW aging and will be adding dwarf seahorses

2.5 gallon SW was used for a quaranteen tank and now I have it as a pico reef

14 gallon BioCube reef in place of my nightstand. Best decision I ever made was putting that next to my pillow. I see so much stuff in my tank up close that I would probably have missed otherwise.

10 gallon tropical lightly planted in my boys room

90 gallon tropical lightly planted in my living room.

Greg

10 gallon reef

125 gallon Fahaka Puffer tank

55 gallon FW

A perfectly good black silicone 20g long. That would make a perfect reef but is being wasted on my wifes fancy goldfish. I am kinda bitter about that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 16 gallon bow reef.

10 gallon seahorse tank

30 gallon red ear slider turtle tank

40 gallon ciclid tank

3 gallon betta bowl

200 gallon koi pond

so 6

seven if you include the iguna tank

>>>currently building a chameleon setup

• 2 months later...
reefkidsclownfish

um... 6, 3 are set up and 3 are just sitting around because they are old/brand new.

5 gal freshwater with 1 chinese algae eater and 2 class fish (don't beleave what you read about these things, most books/sites say they are calm camuunity fish, but i only had 2 of these little 1.5 inch guys in a tank with 6 Lake kutubu rainbowfish that were 5 inches each and they ate all the Lake kutubu rainbowfish fish. T-T just my luck, mean-killer -half-invisible-fish. [ps, they were in the 20 gal at that time, but after they ate all the other fish we moved them to a smaller tanks and bought mallys for the 20 gal)

20 gal freshwater with 7 algae eaters (don't give me any crap, it's the kind that only get 1 inch long) and 7 adult mally's and about 30 baby mally's that we thought would get eaten but didn't and now are almost full grown and we need to find a store to buy them. T-T great, more research)

20 gal saltwater with a bunch of snails and crabs because i have no money and haven't been able to get fish yet T-T why are all of my set up tanks giving me problems?)

the 2.5 gal, 10 gal, and 40 gal are not set up yet.

40gal fw barb, tetra tank

24gal sw reef

10gal fw tetra

10gal fw planted

only the 24gal sw is at my apartment... the rest are at the parents and sisters but I take care of them

• 3 weeks later...

125g Oscar tank

46g Cichlids community

55g Cichlid grow out

10g Cichlid grow out

29g sitting around empty

40g Reef in the works

Edited by Choadmeyer