Top Shelf Aquatics

How many aquariums do you have?

Christopher Marks

DementedLullaby

8 tanks running

4 not running(5g, 8g, 10g, 32g)

Tanks running :

5g holding a bunch of locally caught fish at the moment (shiners aka bait fish)

8g freshwater cycling w/ 3 danios soon to be planted and probably raspboras put in place

8g nano reef w/ AC HOB refugium

8g brackish w/ puffer(Green Spotted)(soon to be moved up to the 32g)

8g 2 dwarf puffers/planted

15g african cichlid tank(2 neolamprologus brichardis(pair) with a bunch of fry that have to be sold soon)

15g puffer(Lorteti), 1 dwarf loach, 1 hatchet fish, 3 apple snails(soon more hatchets)

40g planted community(mostly South American fish)

The tanks not running I have plans for but haven't got around to 'em yet.

Edited by DementedLullaby
  • 2 weeks later...
drowsyfirefly

Two tanks right now, but seriously considering more.

5g freshwater: two bettas, an over enthusiastic amazon sword (I didn't know that's what it was or it wouldn't have gone in here) and thinking of a few tiny fish

14g marine: just started, hopefully will have many creatures, probably only two clownfish and the rest will be invertebrates.

A mantis tank will be started at some point in the near future, as well as some freshwater place to put trimmings.

i have a 5 gallon FW community, and a 20 gallon SW soon to come (have bought certain components) and when I move houses (within the next year) I'm going to get a 100 gallon reef set-up...hope I move soon, parents must decide quick! LOL

Edited by KeeperOfFishyPeace

5.5 gallon softies reef.

In the process of upgrading it to a 10 gallon reef.

I'm trying sooo hard to keep it at one tank and one tank only. If that means I have to make the tank bigger, so be it!

• 2 months later...

Wow, I am really jealous of all of you w/ so many aquariums. I had 1 44 gal and just downsized to a 24 gal Aquapod. I also have a 30 gal freshwater and a 55 gal vivarium w/ dart frogs. If I could have something in every room of the house I'd be happy.

Megan

mandarin dragonet

im running 4 (all over 50 L, 2nd smallest is 180l, largest is a 400l whiptail catfish tank) and have 3 in the garage (ones that i used for guppies and betta breeding)

• 4 weeks later...

Three! (can you hear the exuberant pride?)

As of right now, I have one 10g nano-reef, filled mostly with zoanthid, palythoa, protopalythoa, and briareum spp. It houses a blue damsel, a cleanup crew of blue legged hermits, and several trochus snails, as well as many indigenous hitchhikers, including feather dusters, foraminiferae, sponges, and newly appeared "volunteer" zoos sprouting from my LR purchases. It's been setup for nearly four months now, since november 2006. No skimmer, too many cryptic filter-feeders to risk malnutrition, just 10% weekly water changes, twice a week if I'm feeling 'generous'.

My second aquarium is a 20g long FOWLR, with a green spotted puffer converted to marine, full of cheatomorpha and little else. Again, no skimmer, very few issues, 10% water changes weekly.

Third, i have a 29g Corydoras breeding tank housing sterbai, habrosus, paleatus, and aeneus sp. This is the first freshwater tank I've had with a 'cleanup crew' as it were, using ghost shrimp and apple snails in place of a pleco for detritus and algae. The first batch of sterbai eggs are almost ready to hatch, though they fungus alot more than the 'cheap' cories.

running

24G aquapod

3G eclipse

20H holding tank

29G African cichlid tank

not running

12G cubemaster (CRAP)

Soon to be running

75gallon with 30G sump, its in the garage right now getting super cleaned out and waitin to decide how to do the plumbing;]

Edited by matt510

26 Bow front fw planted - community and cory cat breeding

55 fw planted- huge school of cardinals and some rams

125 fw planted discus

14 BC nano

55 pleco and goldfish

5.5 guppy community

just broke down 20 gallon and a 2.5 :(

So right now I have 1..2..3.. 6- 6 tanks total!! And I want more!!! :D

Edited by Gvtv44

35 gallon hex reef

55 gallon african cichlid

16 gallon bowfront

16 gallon bow currently in storage, my oldest daughters tank, need to set it up but we cant decide what to do with it yet, thinking south american german blue rams, but it's hard to find good ones....

37g Mixed Reef

10g SPS Reef

6g Mantis Reef

5g Mantis tank

12g Planted Community

125g RR SPS/Rare LPS Reef in the works....

so thats 6 tanks, too bad I'm still in college..or there would be more!

I have two currently one 75 RR with a 38 Gallon sump (30 Gal. Sump) and a lil 2 Gal Hex I am doing since it was free but will be replaced with a 15 I am working on. Oh Yeah and A 10 Gal I use for QT Been running countinuasly for the last year.

Edited by Xtank

Uh, I've been in FW for a while, so here's the list:

FW:

40 gallon planted community tank

10 gallon planted tank

10 gallon planted tank w/ crayfish

7 gallon cube with dwarf puffer

5.5 gallon shrimp breeding

2.5 gallon betta

2.5 gallon empty

SW:

12 gallon AquaPod w/ 70W MH retrofit

24 gallon AquaPod w/ 150W MH

112 gallon mixed reef

15 gallon semi reef, mostly just corals i don't want in my main display

120 gallon red ear slider tank home to a female res as well as a couple of tiger barbs

20 gallon long pink belly sideneck turtle tank home to a yearling pink belly, it kinda scares me he will need at least a 90g soon, not to mention my hopes of one day having a bigger reef tank

60 gallon community freshwater. That one has 11 neon tetras, a harlequin rasbora(I know, he needs pals. . .) 5 blue danios, an amazing light red betta, 9 cory cats, 2 khuli loaches, 1 candy pleco(who I forget is in there since he ALWAYS HIDES!) and a couple of "feeder guppies"

20 gal. 1 clownfish and a couple of zoas :( Will have a blasto, a second clown a gorgeous trachy and some other stuff soon I hope. . .

Dont know how I haven't seen this until now. I have 6 but only 3 are set up right now. The ones set up are:

26g bowfront (sig image)

12g OG NC (link in sig)

11g ViaAqua FOWLR