inTank Media Baskets

70W MH in stock Nano Cube!!

artarmon42

i got my fans in today. the scroll fan seems perfect at 9v. i would definaty recommend nexfan.com. 21$ for 6 fans shipped is a steal. they wanted $15 a fan at radioshack.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumparoo.

Here is a link to my shizzle. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112350

I am working on the cooling of my cube. During a 7.5 hour photoperiod today, my temps slowly creeped from 78.5 to a final temp to around 85.5 when I turned it off. You can see I was only running 4 fans, 2 in the rear blowing out of the canopy and 2 thicker fans sucking air in.

I bought 2 scroll fans incase I needed them but haven't installed one yet. I proped the feeding door open for the last hour or so and did not see any reduction in temp. I would like to install a scroll fan on the rear of the hood to blown air across the surface but I need to be able to pull the hood out of the hinges and open the top all of the way. I am also worried about not having enough room behind the tank.

I am thinking of mounting the fan on a type of hinge so that it can be tilted up when I need to open the hood all the way. I'm sorry if I missed it in the thread but has anyone accomplished maintaining normal temps without the external scroll fan?

My ambient temps hardly ever reach above 75 as my AC comes on before then but it does fluctuate a bit. Any advice for me?

I bought 2 scroll fans incase I needed them but haven't installed one yet. I proped the feeding door open for the last hour or so and did not see any reduction in temp.

You won't see a temperature drop just by opening the feeding door.

You need air movement across the water surface to get evaporative cooling.

I'm sorry if I missed it in the thread but has anyone accomplished maintaining normal temps without the external scroll fan?

Only if they had a chiller :)

My ambient temps hardly ever reach above 75 as my AC comes on before then but it does fluctuate a bit. Any advice for me?

I would run your tank closer to 80 (set your heater higher).

The combination of the rear scroll fans plus your lower ambient temperature should allow you to have pretty rock solid temps at ~80.

• 6 months later...

Great stuff, but does the aqua buys kit have a failsafe shutdown? Just in case the fans stop working? I am very intrested in doing this to my 6 gallon nano cube....lmk Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bumping this thread for all the noobs who want to do the conversion and havnt found this during a search

pretty good stuff

• 10 months later...

Archived