Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mike's new Pico....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

holy crap. lot of beautiful corals, real fast. hope it holds up for you. what an investment that livestock must have been! looks great though.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Pico was done with cycled premium live rock and cycled live sand and cycled water from both my mature tanks. Just one week was tested to ensure no ammonia, nitrite, nitrate spike prior to anything going in.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah, this hasn't been updated since early april. mike seems to have vanished...along w/ larnie and angel H.

conspiracy theories anyone? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

It's the end of May and I'm back. Sorry that I disappeared but I've been really busy at work. As for my tanks and the little pico. They are doing all great.

I had added a small saddleback clown 1 month ago and one night he jumped out when I approached the tank. The lights were all off and he thought I was a predator.

I was really sad, but the other two small gobies are still in the tank, they just hide and hardly ever come out.

I want to purchase three other small gobies to force the two out.

I will post updated picture soon, because this weekend I'm leaving town for memorial weekend.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Guys I'm almost ready to post pictures... I have noticed since I don't have the pico on a timer, and I manually set the lighting, my polyps have become smaller.. But they are all still alive,,, but not thriving, I guess that's okay because I don't have room for them to grow...

Pictures are comming this weekend, I promise....

Mike

HOB filter has sponge, charcoal and nothing else...

I just ordered one of these tanks and the light from James @ Aquascene. The overall size is: 9" x 6.5" x 6" (wide, high, deep). Really nice people to deal with. They do have a 12" x 7.5" x 7" (wide, high, deep) size too. Their price on the Mini-aqua light is $39.99 vs. $34.99 @ Heliolights. Don't mind spending the extra $5 with Aquascene.

As an interesting side note, I was at the local Petco picking up an Aquaclear 20 filter and they have what is probably the same tank in a Betta kit (the dimensions are identical). The kit includes the glass tank, cheesey light and very small HOB filter for $24.99.

Once I get things up and running I'll post some pics.

BTW: My wife saw the pics in this thread and ours is going on a shelf in the bedroom.

Originally posted by leaffish75

is this the same as the red sea mini tanks?

that light with the betta kit isnt to bad. its i think 6500K pc.

No. This was something like "Coral Life" or something like it. The light was some cheap thing. Looked like it used a 7W night light and the HOB filter looked smaller than the Red Sea Nano Filter. The tank was glass and had the same measurements as the tank from Aquascene. But $24.99 for something to throw out the light & filter? Nah.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived