Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mike's new Pico....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey Reefers,

I've started a documentary on my pico just like I did for my 12 gallon DX cube. I'm going to be running this tank in my office at work. I just couldn't resist when I finally found a pico tank that fits my Coralife hood.

The aquarium is glass and I believe it's smaller than the melody edition since the hood I have is only 9 inchs in length and 18 watts of power 50/50.

I'm running as filtration my Aqua Clear 20, with 1/2 unit chemipure and sponge. So far no heater, since I believe the light will give good balance during the day.

I'll have to see how it drops in the night. I have live sand and catalina water.

Any thoughts on what would look good in my tank, would be glady taken.

Mike

P.S

This tank will be known as the Mbaby tank series, hehehe

28uyc9

28uzvl

28uzyo

28v02w

28v05v

28v0a1

28v0bp

2962w7

2962y1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Okay reefers,

Just to answer the couple questions you guys posted. I have three tanks now. Two 12 gallon JBJ DX cubes, and this little pico, however I don't know how big it is.

I purchased it from my LFS, Aquascene in Hayward, Ca. I only paid $12.99 for the tank. The live sand was left over from my other nano cube I started in my bedroom. The AC20 filter was only $16.99 at Pet Club in Hayward.

The light I got online at Hellolights.com. They are always on sale, I think I paid $34.99. The water is cycled Catalina water from my JBJ cubes.

I've added another two pictures of my pico, one with the light on and another of the chemi-pure I placed inside. You can see how clear the water gets with this stuff.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Need some help picking up a heater for this tank. During the day I know I'll be fine with the lights giving off heat. But how about in the night? I saw this mini heater at Dr. Fosters:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...087&N=2004+2020

Can anyone steer me in the right direction, I like the fact that you can conceal this heater in the gravel or against the glass behind my live rock.

However, I don't see a temp gauge setting, and under more information, it says remove heater during the summer days if temp get to 76 degrees. I'm a little lost. :?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

theclearblue

that heater is a "constant on" heater I believe. You'd have to buy a temperature controller for it if your room temp is higher than 76. Just not worth it I guess.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey Reefers,

Here is a continuous documentary on my pico. I picked up 1.5 lbs of premium live rock from Atlantis Aquarium in Fremont.

I have taken several pics of the rock so you can see the quality pieces I picked up.

The live rock only cost me $11.99. Now I will be monitoring the nitrogen cycle just in case the rock isn't cured. I made sure to ask for the cured rock, but you can never be safe.

Mike

29sao5

29sar9

29saxw

29sb55

29sbbo

29sbde

29scw2

29sd9k

29sdc9

29sdht

neanderthalman

Wow! Thats some awesome coloration. That rock looks like it's been around a long time, if it's not cured, I'd be rather surprised.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is the digital temp gauge that I purchased today. I'll be running temps in the night to see if I can go without a heater. The one I saw is kinda of bulky and if I can go without one it would be great.

Mike

2a12eo

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Afiser,

Thats funny you ask about the dip in my three tanks. The answer is no, it's just that the current that rushes against the center glass, displaces the sand bed and creates that look.

Never noticed it untill you brought it up to my attention. :)

Mike

Archived