SaltCritters.com

how do you add a refugium to a nano 6

marthafocker

take everything out exept the sponges in the first chamber put live rock in the 2,3 chambers and get a half unit of Chemi-Pure to put in the second chamber and if you have an algae problem or have high phosphates them put 150g ofPhosphate remover in the third chamber. if you are planing to house corals i rfeccomend a pump upgrade to a Rio 200 or a Mini-Jet 606 and put the stock pump in the first chamber like this:

357c7105.jpg

hope i helped:)

marthafocker

Thanks for the help. you are like the only person who has given me some advice. Thanks. I also had a goby question if you don't mind answering. Can a watchman goby be kept with a clown goby, and a green banded? And how about pairs?

The watchman gobie will get too big for a 6 gallon tank. The clown goby and green banded would be fine though. HTH, Skip

PS Can you post a pic or 2 of the inside of the 6DX? I didn't know if it was designed like the 12DX or not and I am curious about its layout because I plan on getting one but would like to start planning any mods now. TIA.

marthafocker

Here's the picture of the top. The fans take heat out of the ballast and is the same chamber, the plastic cover has a rubber seal, and that is probably the only major changes made.

IMG_7121.jpg

Archived