SaltCritters.com

All of sudden, little bug in front of tank

cirionrc

My tank has been going for about 6 months now and is developing just fine. My 20g refugium has those little bugs all over. I just did a water change and all of the sudden the whole front of my 75g if covered with these bugs. I talking thousands. I thought it was the coraline growing back but I looked at them closely today and it is the bugs. My Volitan lion just got over a minor case of ich, and this is when it started. Can ich attach to the glass. The bugs are a lot smaller than the ones in the refugium. Just wondering if they could be ich?

wow I havent heard of that.

Id say ya had a pod population explosion. have ya dosed or added any new rock or done anything different?

what did U use to cure the ick? A quarintine tank I hope.

Chances are it is a harmless few thousand "orgy" pods. :D

The newest rocks have been in there for about 2 months. I dose B-Ionic calcium and alkalinity components, strontium, iodide. I cured the lionfish's ich with garlic extract because my hospital tank is still cycling. You should see how many there are now on all sides of the tank now. I have never had this before. One thing that happened at the same time was the caulerpa trippled in size all of the sudden. It was growing so slow and now the refugium has a GIANT mass of caulerpa. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Archived