Pod Your Reef

tankmates

Monica

printerdown01

Yellow tailed seem to be "fairly" mellow. NOT to be confused with yellow-fins which ALSO have yellow tails, and are pretty dang aggressive (both are usually sold as "yellow-tailed damsels). This will also depend on the clown, as well as the size of tank. I can tell you that I could add a domino damsel to my tank (very aggressive) and he would probably be dead by the end of the week thanks to my increadibly aggressive clown fish. If you go for a perc and a really small yellow-tail in let's say a 10 gallon I don't think you will have much of a problem, even as the two start to grow.

My suggestion is add them both at the same time or add the clown first then the yellow tail a little later. I don't have any experience w/ yellow tails but the 2 blue devils I have are by far my meanest fish, and I have two triggers (one being a clown trigger, go figure)!!! As kind of a fall back plan, in case something goes wrong and they start to fight, take both fish out and rearrange the tank and add the least aggressive one first and let him get established for a few days and then add the other. HTH

Don't add a yellowtail damsel to your tank EVER! They tear up everything and are super aggressive. If you ever want him out of there, you will have to tear up your whole tank, I guarantee you.

Archived