SaltCritters.com

HughJas's 40G Breeder Odyssey

HughJas

Picked up some SPS from a local reefer today and came home with some nice stuff.

Here's a sneak peek, more pics to come.

~CHRIS

~Blue Tortuosa~

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to get more flow going down in that tank becuase the new SPS doesn't look so happy in that picture.

The water column should be moving enough to get the mucus gunk off those polyps and in the picture it looks like the mucus is stagnant.

Agreed, I had JUST put them in the tank on that shot. Now they're in a high flow area and very happy.

~CHRIS

Updated Pics w/ new FTS

Valida

mini-img_2656.jpg

Baby Blue Stag

mini-img_2658.jpg

Slimer

mini-img_2661.jpg

Sarementosa Closeup

mini-img_2663.jpg

Sarementosa

mini-img_2655.jpg

ORA Tort

mini-img_2669.jpg

Tort Closeup

mini-img_2670.jpg

Burgundy Monti

mini-img_2672.jpg

Boy I'll tell ya, our tanks are going to be the talk of the town around Auburn. Your stuff looks great Chris, your thread actually helped me realize something about my tank. I needed more flow on my corals and couldn't figure out why some of the polyps weren't fully extended, so I reajusted the flow and voila polyps start comming out.

Looking good though, maybe sometime this summer you and I and Paul can all get together. I think Josh might still be around so we ought to just have a friendly get together.

Hey Mike - long time no hear from. The tank is starting to come together but still has a way to go. Those last two additions I picked up at Capuccino Bay when I was in Alpharetta for a meeting. Thought I was going to pull my hair out getting from I75 to Roswell Road. Marrietta isn't big on putting up street signs.

Winnie: thanks for the compliments. I got the G6 months back and I couldn't tell you how many macro pics I've taken with that thing. It's awesome that you can see details in the pics that you can't see with your eye.

~CHRIS

New Additions:

I've been on a Blastomussa Wellsi spree lately, here's some of the new additions.

mini-IMG_2792.jpg

mini-IMG_2795.jpg

Sun Coral from a Local Reefer

mini-IMG_2793.jpg

Originally posted by HughJas

Here's a pic of my Bali Slimer spawning last night.

12867SpawningSlimer-med.jpg

Chris, that is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen happen in a reef tank. Could you see it about to happen or did it just start to spawn after dark? I believe you and I have about the same species of Slimer from Paul so I wonder if that will ever happen with mine.

Just a question would you still want to meet up some time? I would love to start having meetings again. I really wanted to have a meeting at my apartment but it seemed like interest in the club just tapered off.

It's the same slimer you have. I asked Paul if the mother has ever spawned and he said no. I really didn't change anything in the tank and it started about an hour after lights out so I don't what I did (or didn't do) to cause it.

Interest really did start tapering off. I've been at Paul's alot lately helping him get his 110 stand and hood finished off (You should stop by sometime and check out his new stuff (can you say acanthastrea :)) and we talk about it occasionally but figure it's a bad time of year with alot of people gone for the summer.

I'll ask him about it next time I talk to him to see if he wants to set something up and I'll post on RC. We'll at least have 3 people. :)

~chris

Hey that sounds good to me buddy, even if it is just us atleast we know we will always show interest. Your right though I do need to stop by and check out what ya'll are up to. It sounds like you guys have been busy as bees over there.

Sometime in the near future I would love to have ya'll over to just hang out and talk tank...maybe give me some pointers and or ideas for mine. We could rotate to each of our houses so that we can just see each others tanks. In time I am sure there will be more interest generated.

love the blastos! blasto gardens are the thing right now!

how long did it take for your blastos to open up and puff up properly?

Archived