ReefCleaners.org

I'm just BowFrontin'

DRZL-sauras

I've used the Great Stuff for walls and rock formations in my reptiles enclosures, but didn't realize it could be completely submersed. Do you cover it in tile grout to seal it? Do you have a site that shows how to do this? It looks amazing. If you ever decide you want out of the hobby, I'll take your tank.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thats an excellent looking tank.

Those Pheonix bulbs are nice. If I ever set up a larger tank I'll probably mix and match those with some 20k bulbs. The 14k's are supposed to yield some really nice SPS growth, and still help bring out the color of the corals :) Good choice!

Shaneball

Some people were really skeptical and sealed with marine epoxy paint. i think it goes for 60 + 20 hazmat shipping. Me and this other guy in brooklyn(SPS heavy) did it without anything wrong. I did it cure it in freshwater for a week then dried it for 48hrs. As you can see no problem-O.

Damn let me get in first, already got ya vulturin' on my tank..lol..na i will find the links and you can make your own to your own Styl-0.

BTW the foam is on an acrylic piece that spans the tank, not a good idea usually to put it on the glass as it expands and could pop your seams.

Vic

I dont think 20K would be necesarry at all bro, these are as slightly less blue than 20K but not enough to add 20K to supplement, I honestly would mix these w/ some 10K XMs, then you have pop and crazzzyyy growth

I just fed my blasto's so i will take a pic of them soon

scentfaerie

Whatever makes you happy honestly, im not big on RARE ULTRA blah blah, just whatever catches my eye, doesnt matter if its $2000 or 2 cents yah know. Im kinda of a sucker for euphyllia family (torch,forg,hammer) but in a 12G unless its small it might beat down its neighbors. I will post up my girls tank she has a 10G, i think you could relate to it and decide too. Oh yeah what makes my heart melt is for open brains like cynarina and wellsophyllia, those are the shiznit, only coral i would ever name, if you can find a smallish one i would tell you to get it in a heartbeat.

I sound like a dweeb but good looks on asking me for a suggestion :)

I really want a clam but I am not sure if they do well in 12 gallons. I would love to get a nice open brain. I just got a blue damesel yesterday and today I am going to get some coral for my lfs

that looks awsome! Just a question how much was your bujet on your tank? I dont work so mine is 200 dollars for coral. (I have already spent 300 dollars on live rocl and the tank)

Yessshhhhh, clams are next on my to-get list. It all depends, what clam you get what your lights are, what size you get it, if you dose live phyto. What i recommend is making a fuge and have it reverse lighted so you PH doesnt swing at night. one thing ive seen is that clams hate PH swings. You can make it out anyting really

Originally posted by scentfaerie

that looks awsome! Just a question how much was your bujet on your tank? I dont work so mine is 200 dollars for coral. (I have already spent 300 dollars on live rocl and the tank)

This is where i get slack from my buddies, I dont have one. It depends how much i can scrounge up sometimes. Im jobless for now and i did lil odd stuff and get money. The way i decide where i allocate my funds is by how bad i want it..lol and if its worth getting. All i can say is that in a small tank like ours it really is quality not quantity. Think of that everytime you wanna fill up your tank w/ stuffs. Again it doesnt have to be expensive just nice to you. I think things through how happy will this make me, not just reefing but in everything. works out pretty good

lol..sorry 4 gettin all philosophical on ya A$$:D

the smaller the clam the less dependent it is on light, once it reaches 4-5 inches it becomes a....light wanter?...Halides are best but if you want to try out on PC's do it but keep it small for the clams sake, na meannn?

long time no see drzl :) I want those blastos. Where'd you get em. Your tank rocks dude i love the aquascaping. Come over to thereeflounge.com when you have time. All the ol' schoolers are there.

Whats really good DIYDude?!

Thanks thanks man, yea those blastos was from some dude around that is breaking down his tank, snatched them right up. I just checkeed it out(TRL), maybe ill join sometime soon and shoot the sh!t.

Scent whats intersting? come on i wanna know dammit!

Your tank is gorgeous! Goes to show alot of creativity went to pull that one off, very ORIGINAL!. BTW i live in the next town over maybe i could come see it in person.

As for what DRZL said... Clams, even babies, NEED intense light. Babies get more like half of their energy through light, where as adults can survive without phyto.

But without that 50% still being met, they wont do well.

berrygood

Im glad you like it. You are welcome to come over anytime.

Kogut

thanks bro

Bktomodachi

i disagree w/ ur statement. First when clams are starting from gametes (baby clam eggs) they need high phyto supplies thats how aquacultured clams are raised. They are pretty much sustained by they're feeding side during this time, light CAN help but it plays secondary role to consumption. Also a BIG misconception is that big clams need no phyto as they become more photo receptive, untrue. Tell me this, why would a clam continue having a fully functional digestive system if they didnt need it? Huge gigas clam have been documented clearing holding tanks of all phyto particulate within hours.

hahha... i was gonna say i think you have too much LR, but it turns out it was ur background. THe background is impressive; looks soo damn rreal. btw, those are some sexy blastos! :),,,cool thread title too....lol:D

Archived