Coral Vue Hydros

Lighting

SeaFish

how different are the 6700k and the 10,000K power compact day lights?

how many of you out there use 10,000K and how many of you use 6,700K?

Which is more beneficial to a reef tank?

Which looks better?

I agree. The 65k/67k are too yellow for my tastes. the crisp 10k color is very nice. Quite a few people ofset the yellow with more blue and that's ok but not my preference.

Both are great for corals and couldn't recommend one over the other for propre coral care. I have had great success with both but now go to tanks lit with only halide and the 10k suites the bill. If I was running halide and pc i'd run the 65k Iwasaki bulbs and actinic o3 pc's. I dig that combo a lot.

Cameron

Yeah, its really just amatter of taste, some will argue about color temps at different sea depths, and what inhabitants are at those dpeths. There may be some truth in it, but for a difference between the two bulbs mentioned, there really isn't much of an affect on corals that I've senn or heard of. I also perfer the 10000k.The 6700 is just too yellow orange for my taste. good luck;)

the 10 K washes out color. 6500 to 6700 is more true to natural sunlight... spectraly speeking at a depth of 30 feet. 10 K would be more of a 60 + foot depth. MOST collected corals are at less than 40 ft. the yellow effect varries from bulb to bulb.

Iwasaki 250 W MH are more clean white than others IME.

Archived