Pod Your Reef

!Green Frilly Rhodactis Help!

NepTuNe-UsD

Today I recently added a green frilly rhodactis to my tank and was wondering if anyone out there who has the same species and color morph can give me some tips.

Ive read mixed reviews which contradictingly say they need low AND high light. I have a 20g with 2 x 55w pc's. So far it seems to have acclimated well to my tank but I want it to do more than just survive. Any tips on lighting, current, and feeding would help tons. Thanks All.

I will try to help!If it is a green frilly mush then i have one.I have

11.5 watts per gallon of mh and at first i gave it low light and it

looked fully expanded but it was very tan,brown.After a month

i moved it up on the rock and it turned a very vibrant green.

I also feed mini chunks of krill or shrimp once every two weeks or so it looks sweet when its when its closed.

A-ha! So they do like the light. I have set my mushroom under an overhang in the shade and it hasnt opened up completely. Ill try moving it out from the shade and see how that goes. Thanks!

It looks sort of similar to yours. The species I have however, grows very large in the right conditions. If you want to see a picture of the mushroom species I have you can check it out on www.reeftank.com Just click on the 20g tank pics, then on the "watermelon mushroom" photo.

Zum, did you guys get any new corals in?? I just finished midterms this week and I think I might treat my tank to a little sum'n sum'n.

Dude Zumm, I came into the store today to peep out what you guys have as far as fish go. Im looking for a fish to add to my 29g, which is in desperate need of a fish or two. Do you have any suggestions so that I dont end up coming into the store every 2 friggin days like usual. I hate coming in and not knowing exactly what I want. Even that woman that works there calls me by my name!! Its sad. If all else fails Ill wait until my tanks matures then ill get an anemone and a perc. Payce:happy:

Archived