Cultivated Reef

Fish's 2gal starfire cube. Pictures inside.

ninjafish

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by aquawolf

That is sweet and very clean.  What type of filtration are you using with that set up?

Thank you for the compliment and you as well uchiha. The tank is plumbed into an Eheim 2222 under the desk. I have moded the filter with submersible lights and filled the media baskets with live rock and chaetomorpha(lit 24/7). The cannister provides all of my filtration, water movement, and temp (constant 80 degrees). The return for the filter is visible in the picture of the front. The inlet for the filter is hidden under the sand - everything is sitting on a homemeade undergravel filter. I am estimating approx 40X turnover with good random turbulance.

- Chad

I guess I typed my response too slow and you missed it ;)

I think I've got circulation pretty well covered.

Very cool product though! I will need to find a project to use them in now. Thanks.

- Chad

Thanks man! Yup I finally finished and set it up at work. It's been neat seeing the parade of people coming by to check out the tank.

- Chad

Dude, you are the master !!:P

I don't know how you 'shopped that pic so fast but the reflection in the side pane of glass is awsome!

Nice work.

- Chad

Haha...

Ya, those buggers spin around at about 70rpm or so. Hmm oh well, I guess that means they're healthy.. eh...?

Very nice!

- Chad

Originally posted by thebrian

Really nice setup though.  I really like the clean look of it all, without pumps showing, etc.

Thanks! That was my goal. I was really attracted to the equipment-free tanks I saw in the nano edition of coral magazine but I wasn't really impressed with what I belived was sub-standard filtration and water movement. I have been so pleased with the benefits of a chaeto fuge in my big tank that my main priority was to do it in a small tank like this.

- Chad

Originally posted by uchiha

lets toss in a mandarin while we're at it :)

ReefMonkeee, it helps to read his thread!.

Haha, now that would be a cool trick. A 2gallon mandarin nano with say a 100gal sump... hmm...

- Chad

Originally posted by uchiha

lets toss in a mandarin while we're at it :)

ReefMonkeee, it helps to read his thread!.

haha I'm done playing with photoshop for the night. I think I'm going to start throwing clams tangs and mandarins in everyones tank now lol

Originally posted by ReefMonkeee

how does the coral survive without current ???

Monkey,

This tank isn't about surviving... issa-bout thriving!

- Chad

Archived