Coral Vue Hydros

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

Acanthastrea lordhownesis, echinata, hillae, hemprichii, subechinata, etc...

Show em if you got em, folks. Any kind of acan! (But no favias, plz!) :P

I know there's gotta be a few of you who spend more money on these guys than the entire tank set-up. haha. and yes, I know RC has a mega long acan thread. so what? this is nano-reef.com so we gonna have our own. =)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 polyp frag of Acanthastrea lordhowensis

0126c.jpg

One of my first Acan. lord frags

0126j.jpg

"Orange Crush" Acan. hillae

0126d.jpg

Rainbow Acan. (echinata/hillae)

0126e.jpg

Green & Baby Blue Acan. (echinata/hillae)

0126f.jpg

Green/Teal Acan. lordhowensis

0126i.jpg

lol, just got your pm, tigah. i'll post mine when i get some time. i just picked up some new 'expensiveeeeeeeeeeeee' rics....so i'll post those pics in my tank thread first.

here's one of the unknowns...more than likely a acan species though. corallites are huge! from .5 inch in diameter to about 3 inches in diameter. hungry as lords are too! constantly has feeders out at night!

don't worry tigah, i'll save you a frag of the hillae. it's a pretty good sized colony. about 7x4. so there are a good amount of frags that can be cut. =)

Check out my green acan lord...it's actually changing colors a bit....not in a good way...in a BROWN way. haha.

your green acan lord is better hands down.

0131b.jpg

lol. well maybe yours will change into a nice pink green shade after it goes through its brownish stage. if not, let me know and i'll be happy to frag a bit off mine when it's old enough. :D

Picture as of today. Dont know if you can tell but it's getting some nice colors on it. Looks like it's changing a bit. It's starting to get like blueish stripes. Hopefully that's a good sign, hehe.

9777MVC-029S1-med.JPG

sandbunkerblues

I dont know much about ordering corals on Ebay but I just saw a Lord Acan that is flourescent orange and electric green that is super kick ass.I dont know how to attach but you can see it at ebay item# 4354490001,what would be the most that this item could go for???thinking about bidding unless it gets too costly.

I think that acan will get pulled off soon. The ebayer is using another guy's picture w/o permission. The picture looked very familiar so I asked the real owner about it and the picture was of his acan and definitely used w/o his consent. He reported it to ebay last night, so it might not be there anymore when the ebay folks get the report.

And that auction looks kinda sketchy as well since the acan shown is an acan echinata; not a lordhowensis.

But who knows...maybe he does have an acan like that and decided to just use a pic of an acan that is representative of the polyp for auction. Either way, just be aware that the picture shown was not taken by him.

Archived