Cultivated Reef

Sump finally Installed - on a NanoCube! (pics)

xtm

Well I have an extra 35 Gal. tank laying around so I said why not use it.. so I used it as a sump to increase the water volume of the nanocube.

I only have one Molly in my saltwater setup and that's all I'm planning to keep. I think 35 gal + 12 gal might not be enough for two mollies..

Here's the whole setup

overview.jpg

Side shot... see the plumbing on the back of the Nanocube...

I drilled a single 3/4 hole on the glass. It's actually easier than I thought

fullview.jpg

I also fabricated a custom stand to house the sump and NanoCube.. I made a flip-top "door" for easy access to Skimmer, Water changes, and other equipment

fullview2.jpg

This is the inside of NanoCube... the bulkhead is in the 3rd compartment.

Overflow.jpg

Had to cut a small slot onthe hood for the water return line

modded_hood.jpg

This is THE SUMP

sump1.jpg

Here's my Molly

sump2.jpg

SG - 1.024 @ 78'C

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 0.5

pH - 8.2

What'cha think? X)

This is awesome. large sump/fuge on a smaller tank is the best way to go. You get all the benefits of a LARGE tank (more volume = more stability), yet keep the aesthetics of a smaller nanocube.

NICELY DONE, man!

Hello,

Just a molly for now until I finish aquascaping. I'll probably add one Percula and that's IT. I don't want to overwhelm the system and introduce a huge bio-load.

Thx :D

actually b/c you have a 35g tank in addition to the cube, you have as much volume as my set-up and your tank could definitely handle more bio-load than a standard nanocube.

you could get away w/ 2 percs if you wanted since they also don't require a whole lot of swimming space and your bio-load capacity won't even be close to reaching its limit.

Archived