Pod Your Reef

Snowflake Things on Glass

FamousGuy

The title says it all, there are these really tiny, barely visible star shaped things on the glass of my tank, they look like tiny starfish.  I remember someone talking about them on here before but i couldnt find the old post...maybe hydroids?  But i thought those floated around and didnt attach themselves.  I have a mini jellyfish thing in the tank that i think is a hydroid by the way(i know im getting off track), when i turn off my pump you can see him "pumping" his way through the water just like a big jelly you'd see on tv, its cool to watch

V. interesting.  I have some white flecks on my tank walls that move as well.  But mine are not same shape as yours are.  

Mine are kinda like torpedo shaped with tails I think.  I think mine are some kind of pods.

BTW; is that Jellyfish think bad for your reef tank?

Like is it poisoness to the corals and such?

I have snowflakes too!  mine have a few too many "legs" to look like starfish though.  I've really just been thinking of them as snowflakes :)

Sounds like hydra.  They usually come and go; sometimes you'll have lots, sometimes none.  If you watch closely, you'll be able to see them swim.  Very cool!

I had these for a while, too.  My snails absolutely hated them and would react suddenly when they touched one.  I even lost a snail that fell off the glass and drowned after trying to crawl through a patch of them.

But they went away after a couple weeks.  Now all I get on my glass is coraline.

Matthew

sahin i've got those also, they almost look like microscopic rats with their little tails, they're definitely pods of some kind

MICROSCOPIC RATS!!!!   HAHAHAHA, a very funny description. hehehe.  your right though.  they do look like it,

hehehehehe :jump:

Archived