Top Shelf Aquatics

Harolds Angel

gabe3eb

AKA A False Lemonpeel Angel. Anyone know anything about these, or anyone kept one? I am looking to buy one for my 28 gallon, from what I have read they are a little bit nippy to some corals, but it didn't elaborate. I will be keeping mostly soft corals and already have an oscellaris in the tank. The grow to about 3-4 inches I think, but if anyone has any experience or additional info about them, that would be great. From what I can tell they will eat macro algae and possibly prepared food. Thanks for any help,

Gaber

NanoReefer53

Angels love to nip everywhere. My uncle's lemonpeel nips at everything from live rock to button polyps so beware. Some fish have different personalities.

Apparently zooanthids are potential targets of these guys... Anyone else know anything about these fish?

gaber

Hmmm, they are a nice fish, but info on them is very scarce.

I know that they are semi-hardy though.

Gabe; according to this site: http://www.exotictropicals.com/encyclo/mar...els/heralds.htm

http://www.exotictropicals.com/encyclo/mar...s/lemonpeel.htm

There are two versions of this fish...have a read, but i read elsewhere that its one fish, and the blue spot and blue eye ring is present in the juvenile, but disappears in the adult...

Hope this helps.  All I could find. :)

I had an eibli angel and it would try everything.  I would never get another angel.  The guy at my lfs said that dwarf angels are reef safe,....liar.

Well sahin, I don't know about that, the herald is a c. heraldi and the "true lemonpeel" is a c. something else... Not 100% sure. I have posted this same message over at reefs.org and reefcentral.com, at reefs.org one knowledgeble fellow gave me the go ahead, but right now my #1 concern is my toadstool, a carnation, and a gorgonia,,, any thoughts people? Thanks a lot,

gaber

Sahin, seems like on the heraldi page that you posted the fish looked more like a mimic tang... the tail fin and mouth where what kind of tipped me off, but I could be totally wrong, who knows. The page did offer some reasurrance when describing the heraldi's diet as one prefering macro algae, and that if there was a good supply of this, it would stay away from corals... Also, that it is much less aggresive than the true lemonpeel, Thanks for the page Sahin,

gaber

Archived