Coral Vue Hydros

The Burbon Glass Pico

dhoffroad

Well got it going last night want to say thanks to DiyDude for your closed loop idea by moding it I was able to make this work.

Tank specs: 1gal "burbon glass" tank, 18w PC (coralife 2 x 9 W ,1- 10,000k & 1- actinic ) closed loop with heater chamber (see diy

closed loop w/ heater chamber (pico size) and auto top off system.

Right now I just threw some frags, and small chunks of LR that I had layin in my 10 gal into this tank. I go the sand from a LFS out of a established system. The first two pics are of how it looks the 3rd pic is with flash so you can get a better idea of the layout, and the 4th is the closed loop w/heater system (for those who have not seen it yet)

Closed Loop System with heater:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

how does that filter contraption work

it's just a closed loop system with a place to put a heater

everyone else glad you like it, took a little thought to get it together

xenia ,candy cane ,zoo's , star polyps, and a type of kenya tree that kept fraggin itself down to just a stump in my 10 gal

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project
Originally posted by FL Knifemaker

I would have gone with a drilled bourbon glass myself :P  

Just kidding, looks great!!!

Yeah why didn't you get a reef ready bourbon glass? you would have saved yourself a ton of time...

sorry i was bored... no school today

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i'll just answer for him... that's what makes a bourbon glass a bourbon glass... they are really really wide so that there is a lot of surface contact... makes for a better aroma and taste... you only fill it up with about .5-1.0 inches of liquid... When you're drinking bourbon... now, when you're drinking a reef tank i'm not so sure...

thought about drillin, but the glass is prety thin and there are no flat spots. besides I just bought the "tank" 1 week ago an puttin the CLS together only took 1 afternoon. all in all not much time put into it.

Originally posted by The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

we were just joking about drilling and the overflow and what not...

yea well I DID THINK about doing it. LOL

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

haha... that would have been awsome... i'm still not sure how that filter is working could you show us a diagram or something?

hey man it's not a FILTER. do you know what a "closed loop system " is?. basicly it is just for flow , a way to get power heads out of the tank . there is no FILTRATION in the chamber it just HOLDS THE HEATER. so what I got in all that plumbing is a power head and a heater out of the tank.

Archived