Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Prizim skimmer question/New 29G tank

freshwater

I am setting up my new saltwater tank 29G.

Put 20lb live arognite sand/20lb white beach sand.

Running proquatics 220 filter with floss.

One zoome power sweep.

Water looking very clean so far will be adding the LR on Saturday

Also installed prizim hang on skimmer but its creating too many

bubbles in the water and i have the knob hardly open.

Is the upper collecting chammber gets water in it also or just the foam. first time the collection box was filled with water also so i dump the water and restart the prizim again.????

too much bubbles in the chamber would cause water to end up in the collection cup. plus theres probably nothing for you to skim out of the water right now. i would keep the skimmer on once you put in the LR to remove waste, if there are any from the die-off. you would recommend removing the floss pad in the filter, since this is where bacteria can colonize and make it a nitrate factory. i have also just started a 29 gal tank a wk ago.

Is it possible for you to return your prizm and go for a cpr bakpak or something...? I've seen the prizm in action and it looks like a piece of junk.. it's also a bad sign when your LFS refuses to sell you one even though there's 20 of them sitting there on the shelf...

From what I've seen on e-bay, Red Sea is now offering some kind of upgrade kit for people who own Prizms, a surface skimmer and a media basket? I don't have any experience with Prizms, just have seen a lot of bad posts about them. I'm guessing that the upgrade kit I saw on e-bay may improve the Prizm's efficiency. It's selling for 12 bucks or something like that, I forget.

Archived