Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Have an important question about SG

Djm9288

Hi,

As of now I am cycling my nano. And on Saturday morning(the 8th) I broke my leg when i was high jumpng. So right now I cant really tend to my tank. So I was wondering if it matters wha the Specific gravity is during a cycle.

Daniel

It has no LR in it yet, just LS. But there are no invers yet.

I might not be able to fix the SG for about a wek to a week and a 1/2. I cant really stand so i cant really do any water changes, so im pretty much stuck in bed.

Daniel

IF there is just live sand then the tank hasnt begun its cycle. BUt again if the SG lowers too much you will experience death of critters/bacteria. If you purchased quality livesand that contains the neccessary micro fauna. You may lose some of those critters. But again the cycle will not begin until live rock is added.  If you just purchased the pre packaged wet livesand. I think its called Aragalive. Then you dont really have anything to worry about with the SG dropping. HTH.. and sorry to hear about breakin a leg.

Acctually i did start the cycle, i did add the hrimp and started it, thanks im in a lot of pain right now

Daniel

Acctually i did start the cycle, i did add the shrimp and started it, thanks im in a lot of pain right now

Daniel

Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you feel better soon. You can always just have your mom, dad or friend top off the tank with freshwater for you, that should hold it ok.

it will be okay, as long as it isn't too low.  but you don't have much in the tank to kill, so i wouldn't worry about it.  just keep it topped off though, somehow.  jmo

Ouch.  Sorry about your lef dude.

Just keep an eye on the parameters.  Since this is a nano, you wont need to be hauling tons of water anyway.

Just keep an eye, if things get outta hand, just get someone to do the work for you.

Archived