SaltCritters.com

Alife 5 and 7...where in San Diego?

Tammy

HI,

Wondering where those of you in San Diego got your Alife tanks and what they cost. Also does anyone know if they make a 27 watt daylight bulb for the tank? I can't find anything online about these tanks.

Thanks,

Tammy

My Alife 7

Aquatic Warehouse has them for 129.99. The tank comes with a 27watt white/actinic stock lighting.

(Edited by My Alife 7 at 9:12 pm on June 8, 2002)

Hi,

I found one today for $99 (but not sure if it was the 5 or the 7). But do you know if there are other bulbs available? Any other stores have it that you can think of?

Tammy

My Alife 7

Pet Kingdom down by the Sports Arena has them as well for 149.99. This tank also comes with a 27watt light. Aquatic Warehouse also has a 13watt version of the Alife 7 for 119.99. I've never seen an Alife 5 before so I can't help you there. Where did you find the Alife for $99? I'm guessing that's either the Alife 5 or it's the Alife 7 with the 13watt light.

I don't know if you're in San Diego proper, or elsewhere in the county.  Tri-City Tropical in Vista has the Alife 5, and can get the 7 or many other "smaller" tanks (like the ViaAqua 418LV, which is 11g, or the 680LV which is 21).  Their number is 760-631-1532, and they're on Plaza near the 78 @ Emerald.

HI,

It was Tri City that I saw the tank at...and I guess it was a 5. They are trying to find out if a different bulb can be gotten. I want to put a small rare Poison Arrow Frog pair in one which is why the 50/50 bulb won't work well as I plan to have orchids, bromeliads and live moss in the vivarium.

Thanks,

Tammy

printerdown01

Tammy check out Aquatic Warehouse! Not only do they carry the tank, but they have one of the nicest show tanks I have ever seen that was created using the Alife 7 w/ 27W of PC. It is well worth the trip even if it is a long drive for you - I promise!

Hi,

Where is Aquatic Warehouse. I work downtown so it would be no big deal for me to go by there. Do you know how much they are selling the tanks for. I just went to Fish Haven and they had the 7 (but were calling it a 10 gallon!) for $169 which I thought was way high.

Tammy

Aquatic Warehouse:

5466 Complex Street, Ste. 204

San Diego, CA 92123

Tel: (858) 467-9297

Fax: (858) 467-9312

They're basically next to the San Diego Superior Court building if you know where that is... and the tanks are 129.99

Thanks,

Will try to go there this week...still think Tri City has a great deal at $99...is the one at Aquatic Warehouse the 7 gallon?

Tammy

Yea, the nice thing about Tri-City is that they have the Alife, the ViaAqua, the Uniquarium, a couple of bowfronts, and others.  And George (the owner) will order just about anything that he doesn't have for you if you like.  

I'll go by Aquatic Warehouse here in the future when I'm in the City just to check them out.  I live in Oceanside, so Tri-City is the closest (and best service) I've found in the area so far.  Good luck!

-Andrew

Quote: from Tammy on 8:14 pm on June 9, 2002[br]Thanks,

Will try to go there this week...still think Tri City has a great deal at $99...is the one at Aquatic Warehouse the 7 gallon?

Tammy

Yes, the tank they have is 7 gallons. They also have a 7 gallon that has a 13watt light on it for 119.99.

Well, I am really bummed because I found out the 27 watt bulb is only available in the 50/50 (wonder why the company would limit themselves only to people keeping reef tanks)...and I have my doubts that one 13 watt would be enough for orchids and bromeliads.

Maybe I should just set up a reef tank again :)

Tammy

Archived